• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

(2) '06 Moto Guzzi Beva 1100s For Sale Soon - help?

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Zuniga
I've taken on the task of helping my late friend Andy Cripe's widow, to fix and sell his two '06 Moto Guzzi Breva1100s (the basic bikes are identical)

I've committed to helping financially by fixing them up to nominal running condition, then finding fair-minded buyers.

I WILL NOT MAKE ONE PENNY ON THESE SALES. I will be paying all expenses to get them running decently.

AT FIRST GLANCE:

One bike is probably significantly higher mileage, but in relatively clean shape with hard bags.

The bike with (probably) significantly lower milage has been dropped (front fender damage, can't tell what else yet). It has hard bags plus rack and top case. I believe it has a windscreen, might be a small fairing.

I'm asking for anyone "in the know" to assist me technically, I had to un-fasten the bags to get them off, to fit the bikes in the trailer, I'M THAT CLUELESS (they have some kind of secret handshake for quick removal that I'm unaware of). I'll be hunting down Guzzi-specific parts, shouldn't need much more than batteries otherwise.

NADA lists the one with 2 bags at $2,605, and the one with the top box at $2,705

Andy was involved in Mexico missions, and rode ALL OVER Mexico for many years, on several different bikes. His last accident on one of these two bikes happened in Mexico, and he passed on before he could get it back on the road.

I have both CLEAR titles, and the sales will be closed with proper Bills of Sale, including copies of Andy's Death Certificate and Power Of Attorney docs for his widow to sign off.

I'm posting this listing as a "heads up" to the group, and I will post proper individual posts with extensive photos and detailed documentation when the time comes.

Thanx, lads, you're a good lot and I'm pleased to be associated with you, even though I've met very few of you face-to-face. Have a great week!

IMG_0439.JPG

IMG_0440.JPG

IMG_0441.JPG

EXTRA SEAT (THERE IS ALSO A NEW SHOCK IN A BOX)

I've taken on the task of helping my late friend Andy Cripe's widow, to fix and sell his two '06 Moto Guzzi Breva1100s

I've committed to helping financially by fixing them up to nominal running condition, then finding fair-minded buyers.

I WILL NOT MAKE ONE PENNY ON THESE SALES. I will be paying all expenses to get them running decently.

Andy was involved in Mexico missions, and rode ALL OVER Mexico for many years, on several different bikes. His last accident on one of these two bikes happened in Mexico, and he passed on before he could get it back on the road.
Good on you Sir...
Best of luck on the sales of these motorcycles...
šŸ˜

Have you considered going onto WildGuzzi or Advrider in the appropriate forum and simply selling there, letting the enthusiasts do all the work? Or is this an exercise to try and squeeze another couple hundred bucks out of the sale for a whole lot of effort? Sure the widow would appreciate a little more money to help her out but I'd think that just getting the bikes out of the garage as quickly as possible would be a huge relief to her. I look at the stuff I have and wonder, if I were gone tomorrow, would my wife be so overwhelmed that she'd just ignore it all and wish it away or would she make the monumental effort to sell everything for what it's actually worth?

In the meantime, use the link below to the service manual section of Cadre Cycles:

Moto Guzzi Service Manuals

Have you considered going onto WildGuzzi or Advrider in the appropriate forum and simply selling there, letting the enthusiasts do all the work? Or is this an exercise to try and squeeze another couple hundred bucks out of the sale for a whole lot of effort? Sure the widow would appreciate a little more money to help her out but I'd think that just getting the bikes out of the garage as quickly as possible would be a huge relief to her. I look at the stuff I have and wonder, if I were gone tomorrow, would my wife be so overwhelmed that she'd just ignore it all and wish it away or would she make the monumental effort to sell everything for what it's actually worth?

In the meantime, use the link below to the service manual section of Cadre Cycles:

Moto Guzzi Service Manuals
It's just a low speed right-sider, nothing serious. (plus 2 new batteries) I'll have them rideable in a week or two. Running bikes sell for considerably more than non-runners!

It's just a low speed right-sider, nothing serious. (plus 2 new batteries) I'll have them rideable in a week or two. Running bikes sell for considerably more than non-runners!
Owners Manuals are available in my link as well. Can't tell anything from a pic but it sounds like simple work from what you say. They came with tool kits under the seat. If they're still there a buyer would appreciate knowing that.

Owners Manuals are available in my link as well. Can't tell anything from a pic but it sounds like simple work from what you say. They came with tool kits under the seat. If they're still there a buyer would appreciate knowing that.
Both tool kits still there!

Thirteen Post's but no one asked for more pictures yet???
As if on cue...

The "black" bike, higher mileage, all 3 bags mounted. Should need nothing more than a charged or new battery.

IMG_0461.JPG

The crash-damaged red bike, w/ tank bra (I'm sure they'll find the clip-on tank bag for it); both saddlebag mounts are messed up. Handlebars are tweaked, at least one bent front rotor, broken bit on the rear brake pedal that holds the stop light switch, some broken head & cylinder fins, busted up front fender and tank trim; otherwise should ride okay once I straighten and/or replace a few bits here and there. Broken left mirror. Not cost-effective to replace or repair head or cylinder fin damage. This bike has a nicer seat than stock, and a nicer rear shock. I have original seat and shock in boxes. Might just sell it without repairing or replacing the bag mounts.

IMG_0478.JPG

The worst of it...

IMG_0468.JPG

Managed to test ride both bikes today. Black bike was a piece of cake; popped in my spare battery and took a nice test ride, up to the ton with no issues. It's ready for sale.

Red bike was fun; I had to remove the right front disc (bent), and doofus me I had already removed the broken right footpeg / brake lever assembly to get it welded up. So, 1 front brake disc only. Test rode it up to 80, that's all I felt comfortable with. The one front brake works just fine! No rattle, no smoke, no oil leak from the messed up right side cylinder & head, so it's only cosmetic broken fins. New matching pair of brake discs on the way. Should be rideable within a week.

Okay, some "inside dope" from Andy's neighbor:

The black bike has over 100,000 miles on it, that's why he bought the new red one.

I'm trying to find out if the mileage on the black bike is actually "rollover" 106,621 miles... (sounds plausible, at least)

Managed to test ride both bikes today. Black bike was a piece of cake; popped in my spare battery and took a nice test ride, up to the ton with no issues. It's ready for sale.

Red bike was fun; I had to remove the right front disc (bent), and doofus me I had already removed the broken right footpeg / brake lever assembly to get it welded up. So, 1 front brake disc only. Test rode it up to 80, that's all I felt comfortable with. The one front brake works just fine! No rattle, no smoke, no oil leak from the messed up right side cylinder & head, so it's only cosmetic broken fins. New matching pair of brake discs on the way. Should be rideable within a week.
FYI. When I worked on light aircraft... long ago I will say. Lycoming and Continental had limits on the area of broken cooling fins. Reason being is those fins are there to absorb heat from the combustion chamber and as air goes over them they cool so more heat transfers to the fins and so on. With missing fins, heat isn't being transferred and the result will be hot spots on the head or cylinder as there is no material to absorb heat. Solution: weld on new fins or replace parts missing fins.

FYI. When I worked on light aircraft... long ago I will say. Lycoming and Continental had limits on the area of broken cooling fins. Reason being is those fins are there to absorb heat from the combustion chamber and as air goes over them they cool so more heat transfers to the fins and so on. With missing fins, heat isn't being transferred and the result will be hot spots on the head or cylinder as there is no material to absorb heat. Solution: weld on new fins or replace parts missing fins.
Yep, I'm looking at welding on pieces from some old heads I have. I think it's not "serious" but is always better to fix what can be fixed.

In this case, it will probably be on the buyer to fix it properly...

I'd be looking at Aluminum brazing rods to put thos fins back together. Should conduct the heat just fine. Then maybe some epoxy putty with the metal in it to "rebuild" the fins that are missing. A little filing, a little paint, and the repair would be pretty passable and would restore a bit of the heat exchange that is lost.

Andy's bike and maybe him in this thread....that bike has been everywhere!

Andy's bike and maybe him in this thread....that bike has been everywhere!

Hey Wylie @bwdmax ....heck of a ride report huh...... :sun:
I'd see Andy at a GRIT event or something and he'd casually talk about heading to Puerto Vallarta the next week or towns unknown to me......he was a nice guy and a real rider....šŸ™

Back