• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bike For Sale SOLD 2004 SV650S SOLD

OldTLSDoug

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty straight forward, 2004 SV650S, I bought this one back when I picked up the BMW, she is a sweet little scooter and I just did all her service, did not check the valves. I might give it a go, but no promises. She runs good, and has the following equipment/mods:

Price is close to the break even point for me, less fuel, some parts and my time. I dropped the offers from the price, but, I'd recommend you go ahead and ask me because you never know. I need to drop the number of bikes to about 7-8 so I am motivated.

Race Tech Cartridge Emulators and springs in the forks, I don't remember what spring rate.
Penske Rear shock, believe it is an 8900-ish, no reservoir, one adjustment plus pre-load, built for me by Dan at Traxxion Dynamics
Tokico 4 pot calipers using SV Racing Products adapters, I have new Vesrah pads to install, but will probably just include them.
Brand new Nissin 19X18 Master Cylinder just installed last week, by me of course. Braided lines front and rear as well.
PCIIIUSB for fueling, it was mapped and dyno tuned making around 78 hp many years ago, I have not changed any of that.
Full SS M4 Exhaust
Suzuki Tail Tidy
Suzuki rear seat cowl kit
Brand new Puig dark screen
Most importantly, I cleaned the old poo out of the tank (varnish and some mild rust) that ruined the stock fuel pump.
Installed a new factory Suzuki complete fuel pump ($771.16) and she absolutely purrs.
She has a fresh oil change as well as a brand new Suzuki Air filter and oil filter. I even changed the sponge for the engine breather that rots away on these bikes and I have a spare.
I had also changed the chain and sprockets back when I had her before, and they still look good.
I had to repair the wiring harness for the signal lights as someone had "modified" the connections for some crappy LED stuff and a tail light.
I have an almost brand new set of Vortex Racing rearsets, a well used set of SV Racing products rearsets
I have lots of SV parts to go with her, and I may even wash the thing soon.
This is a well maintained scooter, will give years of riding pleasure, I just need to move her along so I can fulfill my current KTM 690 Duke lust.

IMG_4206(1).JPG

IMG_4209(1).JPG

IMG_4228(1).JPG

IMG_4234(1).JPG

IMG_4235.JPG

IMG_4237(1).JPG

IMG_3748.JPG

IMG_3745.JPG

IMG_3827.JPG

Last edited:
Oh my. A post-Doug SV for $3k....
I need to put TWT down and walk away before impulse buying this. Fortunately, I expect this to be sold before I even refresh this page, so it won't pain me for too long...

Ok, now you did it, I washed the bike, she looks sweet, someone should buy this, great scooter at a semi-negotiable price. Hit me with offers. Might consider interesting trades as well.

IMG_4265(1).JPG

IMG_4271(1).JPG

IMG_4274(1).JPG

IMG_4275(1).JPG

IMG_4277(1).JPG

IMG_4279.jpg

IMG_4284.jpg

And she waits patiently with her friends in Pee Paw's Scooter Shop for someone to adopt her and take her to her new home...c'mon you know you want it. It's Yellow!

IMG_4285.jpg

Nice looking bike! I just wish that PPSS played with dirt bikes and ADV bikes so I could buy something. ( I saw the trials bike but already have one that doesnā€™t get ridden enough)

Oh MAN! My first grown up bike was a yellow SV650 (though mine was the 2005) that I bought from a fellow TWTer in 2008! Don't need this nostalgia at the moment, but these are so great.

Oh MAN! My first grown up bike was a yellow SV650 (though mine was the 2005) that I bought from a fellow TWTer in 2008! Don't need this nostalgia at the moment, but these are so great.
Plus, mine has lots of nice farkles for the guy that likes his SV650S farkled well.

Sigh, if I had the space and the cash and thought I'd ride it, I'd have it in my garage. This was a dream bike for me at one point in time. I have enough bikes right now that I have a hard time finding space to do the maintenance on them, and it seems like lately I do more maintenance than riding. Someone will get this fine motorcycle and be very happy with it though.

You know, I have to move the car out, shuffle the bikes, then do the work, shuffle the bikes, put the car back, always a struggle, but as Mitch always said, "First World Problems"

Great bikes! I have a load of spare parts from my last few sv650, if anyone buys this and wants some extras.

How can this not be sold already? I'm losing my faith in the world when a bike this good, and this price, sits unsold (and un-ridden!!) for even a couple days.

Are y'all going to make me buy it?

I must say, I am in favor of you buying it. I am surprised that I have had only one enquiry. Surely it is priced well. I will keep it if nobody wants it. I can ride it, she is a good strong scooter, I was just looking to cull the herd a bit. Nothing wrong with keeping one. Looks to me like folks want me to drop the price. I am trying to stay roughly even with this one. The fuel pump was very expensive, she got serviced, I have brake pads and spent time cleaning her up and tweaking things here and there. Someone will get a great unmolested 2004 SV650S, they are becoming rare in this form.
How can this not be sold already? I'm losing my faith in the world when a bike this good, and this price, sits unsold (and un-ridden!!) for even a couple days.

Are y'all going to make me buy it?

I think we are going to make you buy it, sir. Shoot an offer lets talk.

First the T7, now this....never when I have the wherewithal...

well sure looks like Biden got us into at least a recession if not worse. That's why one cant sell a great bike at a decent price. A friend just bought a 2020 farkled R1250GSA for $15K with 17 K miles on it. Some serious deals out there like this one if one has the cash.

well sure looks like Biden got us into at least a recession if not worse. That's why one cant sell a great bike at a decent price. A friend just bought a 2020 farkled R1250GSA for $15K with 17 K miles on it. Some serious deals out there like this one if one has the cash.
You might want to google the term recession, it has a specific meaning in economics

Back