• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2008 Texas Adventure Ride: Apr 24 - 27, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year they were intalling the sealant in a parking lot, cant remember if it was at the motel or where. Not sure what is the most popular camp site, but I know there are several of us staying at the KOA right on the river and it is right there in town. Last year I stayed out at the State Park and it was really full and several miles out of town. If you want you can come pitch a tent on my site at the KOA. I should be rolling in between 1 and 3 sometime. I think I am going to slab it on I10 to get there faster. I am staying at site #19 if I remember correctly. I am riding a yellow DR with a safari tank.

I'll try to leave earlier to catch you around 3:ish. I'm riding a black Tiger w/GIVI trunk. I can be reached at 281-451-8754. Please email me w/your info.

I'll try to leave earlier to catch you around 3:ish. I'm riding a black Tiger w/GIVI trunk. I can be reached at 281-451-8754. Please email me w/your info.

Riding a loaded down DR. Mobile 713-817-0187. I go by Trey. Will also have a yellow Darien on.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day. I have been up since 230 this afternoon and dont get off work until 5Am. Will head home for a shower and finish packing then hit the road. I may have to stop at rest stop to take a short nap on the way! Could be a 24 hour marathon

Richard, I won't be getting in til late Fri afternoon. Where do I meet yall to get my shirts and stuff? Probably be Saturday morning somewhere. Thanks

Look for me at the Riders Meeting Sat morning. Or at the banquet on Sat evening.

Well, I've seen the light and I know what my mission is for this weekend.

Since I'm only working a half day today, I decided to get a quick mountain bike ride in this morning. A little humid, but the flowers smelled great. While I was riding I came across a decent sized turtle, a Red Slider, I think that variety is called. I moved him the rest of the way across the trail and get going. First time I've ever seen a turtle out there so it was kind of neat, but there is a lake so it didn't seem out of place. So about 10 minutes later I come across one that is twice as big. When I picked it up to move it to the other side of the path, it peed on me. Great, now I have a wet shoe. Anyway, on to the house to clean up.

As I'm riding along it finally dawns on me that the turtles were a message. I'm the anointed sweep rider. I've been chosen and marked. :rofl: Either that or as sailors say, I'm going to "turn turtle" this weekend. In case you don't know what that means, here is Tourmeister demonstrating:

P1010536.jpg

I'm hoping it isn't the latter.

Can't wait to get on the road.

Ack! I just heard about this little adventure ride, I've got to get out of my cave more often. I'm trying desperately to gather as much info as possible so sorry if these questions have been answered:

I can't make it out until Saturday morning, , where's registration and what time are the rides starting? Will I be able to meet up if I show a little late?

I'm really gonna try and make it out there, if anyone sees a wayward rider on a blue KTM 950 GO!, flag me down!

Ack! I just heard about this little adventure ride, I've got to get out of my cave more often. I'm trying desperately to gather as much info as possible so sorry if these questions have been answered:

I can't make it out until Saturday morning, , where's registration and what time are the rides starting? Will I be able to meet up if I show a little late?

I'm really gonna try and make it out there, if anyone sees a wayward rider on a blue KTM 950 GO!, flag me down!

I already packed my Ride Guide, but here is a link to the schedule. You can meet up and register at Isaaks's restaurant in the morning before folks head out.

TAR Schedule

How late do you think you would be getting there?

If you end up with some extra Ride Guides, I'd be interested in purchasing one for my own future riding enjoyment.

I already packed my Ride Guide, but here is a link to the schedule. You can meet up and register at Isaaks's restaurant in the morning before folks head out.

TAR Schedule

How late do you think you would be getting there?

Thanks for the link, it was right underneath my nose!

I fugure it willl take ~2.5 to 3 hours to get to Junction without slabbing it on I-10. What time is the rider's meeting and I'll try to wake up 3-4 hours before that?

duh, I guess I should read the schedule past the first few lines. I'll try to get out there in time for the meeting.

Just had some financial/family stuff come up and am going to have to scratch my name from the list. Have a blast and I hope the weather holds out for y'all! :thumb:

I just rode with some fellow TWT'ers to Junction. The weather was humid but the overcast skies helped keep things pleasant. On a weather related note, a slow-moving cold front could result in as much as 5 or 6 inches of rain tomorrow in parts of Central Texas, according to meteorologists with the National Weather Service. Perhaps Junction being further south may avoid this deluge.

Happy Trails...

RB

Report, Soldiers? How's it looking? That town must be FULL of riders by now.

Dudes, it's pouring in Austin and looks like the front runs right over you guys.... those water crossing are gonna be challenging tomorrow!

Water crossings were GREAT today... As long as you don't get carried away with the THROTTLE!!!!:eek2:

Attachments

• OOPS!.jpg
    OOPS!.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 229
Slippery! Get those 400 lbs moving in the wrong direction on algae and it gets exciting!

It' turkey season... not they tell me :eek2:

Tama's Turkey :clap:

Attachments

• P1010193.JPG
    P1010193.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 218
  • P1010194.JPG
    P1010194.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 221
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back