• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2024 Motorcycle Grand Tour of Texas

That explains it, I didn’t watch the video. In the past, (at least the first two years), he has included mention of the discount in the emails announcing that the registration was open; no mention this year. I dropped him a note.
I received a specific email with the following subject at 12:04am this morning: A surprise for the 2023 tour riders.
This was separate from the newsletter email.

I received a specific email with the following subject at 12:04am this morning: A surprise for the 2023 tour riders.
This was separate from the newsletter email.
Yeah, like I said, I didn't ride it the last two years. We'll see what he says...

ETA: David hooked me up.

Last edited:
2024 Motorcycle Grand Tour of Texas (the Tour) info thread.

Registration is now open till February 29, 2024.
$5 off using code 6JAN24 , but need to register before January 6, 2024.
You can pick up your tour flag early on Feb. 17 at the Flying L Ranch if you register before the end of January.
Registration limited to 1200 riders.

Official Tour Stop page | Tour Rules | An unofficial Google map I made.

Many repeat stops from previous years (a lot of the same sponsor stops), but several new ones as well.
Seems to be very spread out this year, so lots of mileage to get this one done.
This year there are now 5 alternate stops instead of 3.

I verified addresses/stop location and this is what is on the website (this is not official, some addresses are what I got using google maps if one not listed on the tour site or incorrect on tour site).

1. Silent Wings Museum: 6202 N I-27, Lubbock, Tx
2. Motorcycle Gear: 2637 Summit Ave # 303, Plano, Tx
3. Teague Hotel: 201 Elm St. Teague, Tx 75860
4. Texas Sidecar Company: 106 FM 80 Donie, Tx
5. The Royal Theater: 113 E. Main St, Archer City, Tx
6. Moto Liberty: 15402 Midway Road, Addison, Tx
7. Salt Palace Museum: 100 W. Garland St, Grand Saline, Tx
8. Quanah Parker Arrow: Christian Road, Big Spring, Tx
9. River Valley Pioneer Museum Sign/Mural 118 N. 2nd St, Canadian, Tx
10. Flying L Ranch: 675 Flying L Drive, Bandera, Tx
11. Deck House: 116 S Broadway, San Augustine, Tx
12. Liberty County Courthouse: 1923 Sam Houston Street, Liberty, Tx
13. Presido De San Saba: 191 Presidio Rd, Menard, Tx 76859
Any official "Welcome to Texas" sign
15. La Grange Train Depot: 260 N Washington St, La Grange, Tx
16. Golden Triangle Veterans Memorial Park: 7626 Gulfway Dr, Port Arthur, Tx
17. Oil Derrick: 202 W Commerce Ave, Gladewater, TX 75647
18. Gladewater Museum: 116 W Pacific Ave Gladewater, Tx
19. Permian Basin Vietnam Veterans Memorial: 9900 Wright Dr Midland, Tx
20. Sisterdale Historical Marker: 1210 Sisterdale Rd, Boerne, Tx
21. Wilson County Courthouse: 1420 3rd St, Floresville, Tx
22. Freeport Historical Museum: 311 E Park Ave, Freeport, Tx
23. Bent Rim Grill: 657 RR 337W, Leaky, Tx
24. Mason County Courthouse: 201 Ft McKavitt St, Mason, Tx
Red Roof Inn (any location)
26. Mural of Davy Crockett: 1011 5th Street, Goldthwaite, Tx
27. Classic Rock Coffee: 129 E Washington Ave, Navasota, Tx
28. King Ranch Museum: 405 N 6th St, Kingsville, Tx
29. Fort Travis Sign: 900 Tx 87, Port Bolivar, Tx
30. Palo Alto Visitor Center: 7200 Paredes Line Rd, Brownsville, Tx
31. Ft Wolters Historical Park: 200 Washington Rd, Mineral Wells Tx
32. Old Taylor Counth Courthouse: 133 N William, Buffalo Gap, Tx
33. Stardust Motel Sign: 18426 US-90, Marfa, Tx
34. Halfmoon Reef Light house: 2300 Tx 35, Port Lavaca, Tx
35. Antelope Creek Leather: 227 N Harvey St. Borger, Tx
36. Sutton County Courthouse: 106 N Prospect Ave, Sonora, Tx
37. Riders Biker Supply: 2305 S St Hwy 121, # 200, Lewisville, Tx
38. Childress County Heritage Museum: 210 3rd St NW, Childress, Tx
39. Early Visitors Center: 419 Garmon Dr, Early, TX 76802
40. Hill Country Motorheads Museum: 2001 W Hwy 29, Burnet, Tx 78654
41. Milburn-Price Culture Museum: 1005 Coke St, Vega, Tx
42. Bee County Courthouse: 105 W Corpus Christi St, Beeville, Tx
43. Rusk KOA: 745 FM 343 E, Rusk Tx 75785
44. Coleman County Chamber of Commerce: 218 S Commercial Ave, Coleman, Tx
45. Hotel Texas: 302 Main St, Seagraves, Tx
46. Kyle Field: 1030 Houston St, College Station, TX 77840
47. Wheeler County Courthouse: 401 S. Main, Wheeler, Tx 79096
48. Giant Propeller: 1225 Main St, Beaumont, Tx
49. Triangular Sinclair Gas Station: 701 Coliseum Dr, Snyder, TX 79549
Lone Star Rider Where is Lone Star Rider?
Alt 1. Geographic Center of Texas: US-377, Rochelle, TX 76872
Alt 2. San Jacinto Monument: 1 Monument Cir, La Porte, TX 77571
Alt 3. New London Explosion Museum/Monument: 10690 Main St, Overton, TX 75684

Alt 4. Texarkana Post Office on State Line: 500 N State Line Ave # 101, Texarkana, Tx
Alt 5. Republic of Texas International Boundary Marker: 8149 FM 31, Carthage, TX 75633

Black is regular stops, underlined are sponsors, green are alternate, purple are non-site specific stops.

.gpx file is posted below.
As far as I know, it should get you to within visual distance of the tour stop. It is based of me searching google maps top find it on the map and using that info to put it into BaseCamp.
It is what I will be using.

As always, I am in no way affiliated with the Tour, just a participant that is sharing my information.
Any incorrect information or locations are not my fault, use any info posted here at your own risk and verify it yourself.

GPX viewer
I somehow missed the gpx file when I first read this thread, and I just finished making my own. With the exception of us being off by only a city block on #11, all of your points and mine match up nicely. Thanks for helping me validate my list.

Does anyone know if there are other MGTT type events around the US. I did find the PNW Grand Tour that has 30 stops and covers Oregon, Washington, Montana, and Idaho.

Does anyone know if there are other MGTT type events around the US. I did find the PNW Grand Tour that has 30 stops and covers Oregon, Washington, Montana, and Idaho.
I have seen a few talking about the "Tour of Honor", it is about visiting militiary sites/memorials and such, but is a US based, not just a state base thing.

Took a quick look, and last year, Texas and all the surrounding States had 7 stops each. If this year is similar, just Texas and states it borders would be 35 stops. And just expands from there. You could add the 7 states that touch the 4 bordering states for another 49.

Not sure on the total number, but that is a lot of riding to get all of them in the US.

Last edited:
I have seen a few talking about the "Tour of Honor", it is about visiting militiary sites/memorials and such, but is a US based, not just a state base thing.

Took a quick look, and last year, Texas and all the surrounding States had 7 stops each. If this year is similar, just Texas and states it borders would be 35 stops. And just expands from there. You could add the 7 states that touch the 4 bordering states for another 49.

Not sure on the total number, but that is a lot of riding to get all of them in the US.
I didn’t know about the “Tour of Honor” and I agree that would be a lot of saddle time. I am semi retired and I was thinking about doing both the MGTT and the PNWGT this year.

I have ridden the Tour of Honor several times , it is really a multi state contest butt their are more then 7 locations in each state if you add the

1) Searching for the Lost Generation (Doughboys)
2) War Dogs and K9 Heroes
3) Huey Helicopters
4) Gold Star Family Memorials
5) 9/11 Memorials
6) Veterans Cemeteries
7) Sea-to-Shining Sea Tour
8) Four Corners Ride
9) Iron Butt Association Rides

Really excited—just registered as a first time rider.

Any tips or tricks to share for a newbie? For context, I’ve ridden Heart of Texas twice (and registered again this year) and twice the Big As Texas Party), so tips for this rally specifically, please. Looks like a ton of fun for a couple of weekend trips!

Advice: Do a search of the towns along your route. There are lots of wierd, strange, unusual or interesting things in Texas that are not covered in the MGTT. By design, the tour only covers things that can be parked adjacent to, with little or no walking. I have a list of 100+ things in Texas if anyone is interested.

Any tips or tricks to share for a newbie? For context, I’ve ridden Heart of Texas twice (and registered again this year) and twice the Big As Texas Party), so tips for this rally specifically, please. Looks like a ton of fun for a couple of weekend trips!

First year I did it I started out slow, got 28 of 50, but I had never done any long distance riding, and never an overnight trip.
2nd year I got all 50, and making plans and getting routes set up was the big thing for me.
I am a one that when I ride, I have a goal and don't meander around areas. I know some (like @humanrace) will have 20 stops for every one I would do. I am not at that point in my riding yet.

The tour for me is something that gets me out and riding. Having specific goals to make and a timeframe to do them in. I enjoy that. Part of my enjoyment comes from making the plans and figuring out the routes and what my days will look like.
Each year is different because of (some) changing stops.

Figuring out how you will do your trips will make a big difference in your enjoyment. Also decide if you want to get all 50 for sure or are ok with just getting however many you can. It will make a difference with your planning.
For my location in Katy, I can't get them all with weekend trips (well, I could, but would have a lot of backtracking and passing by previous stops, and very long days). I need to do a week long trip for the ones in west and northern Texas.
I know many stay away from interstate as much as possible, and to an extent I do, but use it to get to an area where I can turn off.
I use I-10 a lot when I head west.
Also, make sure you have a routine when you stop to take your pic with your number, I have left it on twice and started riding. Once I was still attached, but once I had to chase it for a few minutes across a parking lot into the street.
I now use seat bag to keep my number placard in, when I stop I take my gloves off and set them where the placard is, so I don't forget it.
With my K1600, I think the only good place to put it will be on my windshield, so may not be an issue this year (on my Wings, I would clip it to my antenna or the luggage rack on the trunk).

Sharing something I did last year.

To protect my "Tour Flag" from damage while it rode in my top box or camelbak, I picked up two of these.

I found plastic versions in the store for about the same price, don't see them online for a decent price right now.

I drilled out the rivets and grabbed a couple of rubber bands and there you go. Also you can use them to clip the flag to if needed.

PXL_20230417_021743998-X2.jpg

PXL_20230417_021723499-X2.jpg

Just to reiterate what has already been said;

Put a little planning into your rides. There is a lot to see along the way that’s not part of the MCGTT, not mention good local food places.

You have until Nov. 15th to finish the ride. If you don’t have to hurry, take the road less traveled. From the DFW area, you can do day rides to get a lot of your stops. The panhandle and west Texas stops will take 2 days each, but that won’t allow you much time to sight see.

As Blupuphur said, have routine for taking your picture and putting up your flag or you’ll end up losing it.

Encourage friends to sign up and join you.

From the GL1800 Riders forum:

Clicky
I saw that.
I am a lone rider, I don't want my schedule/their schedule inconvenienced by how I ride.
On multi day rides, I usually plan my first overnight stop, but wing it after that. Some days I will do 300 miles. Some days I do 600. Just depends.
I have tried to get my brother to do some stops with me, but he does not like riding far on his Harley 883.
He is the only person I would ride multi day/multi stop trips with because I don't care if I piss him off. :rofl:

I am trying to get a friend of mine at work that just started riding to do this with me for some of the local day rides, and maybe even an overnight.

Last edited:
I saw that.
I am a lone rider, I don't want my schedule/their schedule inconvenienced by how I ride.
On multi day rides, I usually plan my first overnight stop, but wing it after that. Some days I will do 300 miles. Some days I do 600. Just depends.
I have tried to get my brother to do some stops with me, but he does not like riding far on his Harley 883.
He is the only person I would ride multi day/multi stop trips with.

I am trying to get a friend of mine at work that just started riding to do this with me for some of the local day rides, and maybe even an overnight.

Just posted the link, in case there are riders here that want to ride with others. I mostly ride solo, but also have a few friends that I like to ride with.

I can see why your brother doesn't ride that far, he should upgrade the bike.

I see you are on a Beemer now, you got rid of the Wing?

Just posted the link, in case there are riders here that want to ride with others. I mostly ride solo, but also have a few friends that I like to ride with.

I can see why your brother doesn't ride that far, he should upgrade the bike.

I see you are on a Beemer now, you got rid of the Wing?
My GL1800 was totaled on last years Tour.
The K1600 cost me less than what my payout was on the Wing, so thought I would give it a try.

My brother has been saying for over 5 years he is going to be getting some type of Harley touring bike, but never has.
He borrowed my GL1500 for an overnight trip a few years ago and said he enjoyed the trip (except he said the Wing was too smooth and quiet for his liking???).
He still has not bought a replacement touring bike. He has the cash and his wife's permission, just not the drive I guess.

Not anymore you don't, you are on a BMW now. :D
So should I say "I Beemer it"? ;)

Ya'll have friends??
I was to late to register last year, but look forward to doing it this year. A big part of the fun (for me) is planning the routes. I might make a few rides with some other people.

I verified addresses/stop location and this is what is on the website (this is not official, some addresses are what I got using google maps if one not listed on the tour site or incorrect on tour site).

.gpx file is posted below.

Thanks for the map! Laying in my loops right now. Was going to run down Flying L on Saturday, but something came up, so will wait for the mail to deliver my flag.

Back