• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adventure Rider Breakfast Series - 2/24/18 - Menard + 2 day ride option-TARA/SA

If memories serve, was this the one where the word was that the land owner chased us in a pickup because he was pissed, accusing us of cutting across a tiny corner of his property (which was no real difference than the county road we were traveling). I remember Sander saying, good luck, trying to chase a bunch of MC's on gravel roads. ;)

First I’ve heard of that, but not surprised.

Brian, there’s a good shot of you in the video. Are you ever gunna be able to do a ride again?

G. ,
Back when you had the mighty 690 !

I road 129 miles today 😎. I hear ya.

Screenshot_20240417_194926_Maps.jpg

If memories serve, was this the one where the word was that the land owner chased us in a pickup because he was pissed, accusing us of cutting across a tiny corner of his property (which was no real difference than the county road we were traveling). I remember Sander saying, good luck, trying to chase a bunch of MC's on gravel roads. ;)
I forgot about that, as I was the leader I didn't actually encounter him. It seems as the county had recently rerouted the road but there was no signage, gates, fences marking the change. The program I used to build the route obviously used the old part of the road. As you mentioned I don't remember there being any difference in the road, it was short and obviously it connected.

He was probably just impressed about the guy riding that V-Strom! The way Suzuki engineers never really intended it to be ridden.

I forgot about that, as I was the leader I didn't actually encounter him. It seems as the county had recently rerouted the road but there was no signage, gates, fences marking the change. The program I used to build the route obviously used the old part of the road. As you mentioned I don't remember there being any difference in the road, it was short and obviously it connected.

He was probably just impressed about the guy riding that V-Strom! The way Suzuki engineers never really intended it to be ridden.
That was my crucible trial ride by fire. I was determined to keep up with you. It's no wonder I didn't end up in the crook of a mesquite tree 🤣

Back