• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adventure Rider Breakfast Series - Saturday 3/20/21 @ 9a OST in Bandera - DAY CHANGE .3

Sander—thanks for the change. For the route, do u plan on starting clockwise (north) or counter? Trying to build route in REVER & it‘s really touchy with route planning. Stay warm!

With cold water the crossing are going to be very ssslloooww,

Saturday 2/27/21 @ 9a OST in Bandera - DAY CHANGE .2

As I look out the window watching it snow again, I determined its best to move the ride back a week, even though this Sunday the temp will be in the 60s.

This gives some recovery time. Although I'll have to miss the ride as I'll already be in New Mexico.

Same Here, I can deal with this weather that I group up with, but a Ski-Doo with be better, I really enjoyed my old TNT F/A, The newer look pretty amazing.
SkiDooTNT copy.jpg
20170114011404812.jpg

850cc 2 stroke @ 186hp injection, wow put this Engine into a ADV bike just need some exhaust and a clutch or separate transmission. Also come in Diesel Turbo. Bombardier is a pretty amazing company. Take that Harley :thpt:

Rotax 850 E-TEC engine of 2nd generation really draws attention of lot of snowmobilers with its technical characteristics and because it is the most powerful engine in the Ski-Doo lineup. For the design of the 850 E-TEC engine, Rotax engineers had a very ambitious task : to create the first 2-stroke engine of the industry as reliable and long-lasting than a 4-stroke engine. To achieve this, they introduced in the design of the engine some technologies taken from the 4-stroke and diesel engines. For example, the 850 E-TEC engine is equipped with 3-piece forged crankshaft, aluminum pistons, steel segment holders and plasma cylinder coating. The diesel engine-inspired lubrification system lubricates directly and at the right moment, the bearings of the crankshaft and pistons rods. This in order to offer the best protection possible to the components for increased durability. The 850 E-TEC is also narrower than its predecessor, which allows the Gen4 REV chassis to have even more centralized masses

Last edited:
Good call Sander. Sunday will be my first opportunity to repair/ make improvements to the homestead.

But not sure I can make it on the 27th tho...

Good call again. I wasn’t looking forward to the possibility of going down in such cold water. And also I was concerned the thaw might have the water crossings a bit swollen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So everything is still a go for this Sat 2/27 correct? Just making sure before I ride 1.5 hrs to Bandera.

So everything is still a go for this Sat 2/27 correct? Just making sure before I ride 1.5 hrs to Bandera.

I'm not making a weather call for Saturday 2/27, as I wrote above I'm out.

If no one shows we could also ride the route after the March breakfast.
1614275108727.png

Looks great. John—How long did it take to ride it? Are u leading a group on Saturday?

Looks like a pretty sure recipe for wetness, slick roads and mud to me.

Bandera
1614277520147.png

Leakey
1614277361775.png

Rocksprings
1614277666511.png

Well, it looks now like the forecast has improved. Still says fog in the morning, so getting there might be a bit sketchy. Anyone else planning to be on the ride tomorrow?

Busy fixing the bikes tomorrow the getting ready for Around the Bend, next month ride for sure

At the OST and no bikes but mine. Looks like I’m the only one stupid enough to be out in this weather

Plenty of drizzle and light rain in combination with heavy fog. Not the best conditions, to be sure, but I had the road to myself. I didn’t have the route on gps, as I typically follow the leader. So my route probably wasn’t exactly like the planned ride. I tried to stitch together as much unpaved roads as I could. It felt a lot safer on the dirt than on pavement anyway. I saw no one but a family on a side by side on Hackberry Road and one truck on Bullhead road. The only sketchy part of that was that steep descent in fog and drizzle. Slick and a bit unnerving. But about halfway through to the other end and the fog and drizzle lifted, the sun started coming out, and conditions became really nice. Plenty of water in all the crossings on Hackberry Road.

There’s no way I’d have rode by myself on those roads, in those conditions, on my klr650. I’d be afraid of dropping it and not being able to pick it up by myself. But I got a new toy and man, what a difference it makes. I found a used XT250 on Facebook marketplace and bought it last week. So today was its maiden voyage with me. It is a 2009 with only 1185 miles on it when I got it. After today, it now has close to 1500. Poor bike has led an easy life...... not any more!

0e4275b190f07474eeefb09bca1d886d.jpg

^^ As it was when I got it

8fe3c9e3c908a6965e5810d2fe479042.jpg

eee3630bb924a2147f5ccece75f372ad.jpg

505f56b60fde635aa3afd0d07e4a0dfe.jpg

0b388989575ce62417199efc9c0ccd78.jpg

94b844f7b8c6079b749ab987ea692cf5.jpg

Look like a fun bike to ride, is this your RV trailer?

Back