• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Alex Martin

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
With the news dropping today I figured I’d share a few words. After 14 years of racing professionally I have decided to retire from full time racing at the end of this season. This sport takes a toll both physically and mentally on its riders. I’ve had my share of ups and downs, concussions, broken bones, podiums, wins, I jumped the Leap on and won a moto by over a minute on a Suzuki 250😂 17 rounds of 450 Sx 🤯 9 years as a privateer, 5 years as a “Factory” racer, ultimately I’m **** proud of what I was able to accomplish in my career. I want to thank all the teams that made a spot for me throughout the years: Ti Lube-Storm Lake Honda, David Sammani, Eleven-ten Mods, Cycletrader Rock River Yamaha, Star Racing Yamaha, TLD Red Bull Ktm, JGR Yoshimura Suzuki and this year with the Muc-Off FXR Club Mx Yamaha team. Thank you!!
I’m looking forward to the next chapter and continuing to grow @trolltraining with my long time coach and friend @jrwessling
With 7 rounds of @promotocross to go I still intend to show up ready to race every weekend! Next stop tomorrow, Southwick let’s gooo!!

I have always enjoyed watching him and his brother. My favorite race was when him and his brother went one - two at their family track there in MN. One of the only brothers to go 1-2 I can think of.

Back