• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

And now for something slightly different...

Well that's kinda cool. Looks like it would take significant strength and balance to compete.

Now that was pretty neat.

I can see the speeds getting higher and higher as the technique is honed and equipment evolves.

Obviously extremely fit and limber individuals.

Since they almost appear to be dancing, I have to wonder if this is a rare sport where the males & females could compete equally enough to race coed.

There was a guy on one of those at the last Harvest Classic small bike run. He was faster than any of the bikes, and he had some kind of bubble machine attached, so he'd go blowing by you, and you got bubbled (not roosted) as he did. It was very cool!

Got quickly passed by one of these fast mono wheeled contraptions while out bicycle riding the other day. Looked pretty sketchy but at least he was wearing a helmet though no gloves.

I saw someone on the road on one of those the other day. I can't imagine it's legal to ride on the road.

Yeah they are. Just glad they finally took this kind of racing to the track. News reports are full of incidents where people with heavily modified unicycles like these were seriously injured or killed during illegal street races where their drives would lockup and throw them into on coming traffic, concrete dividers and the pavement itself.

Now, I want to see a super moto version of this. Sprinkle in some dirt sections and jumps.

@Fang
I showed up with an injured hand and still managed to have a blast.
I've been riding an off-road electric unicycle, and last photo is out near "Top of The World" on it. It has about 40 miles range at 35 miles an hour on this terrain.

I bought a nice flip front helmet last winter with built in electronics , doubt ill use it . Im not paying a monthly fee to wear my helmet but after 10 years its time to replace my neotech .

There was a guy on one of those at the last Harvest Classic small bike run. He was faster than any of the bikes, and he had some kind of bubble machine attached, so he'd go blowing by you, and you got bubbled (not roosted) as he did. It was very cool!
Yea I was in the fun run and saw Bubble man... What a character, perhaps a bit bubbly himself ! yes he was for sure covering some ground. You can't ride a wheelie on that thing.

LOL, I just got through watching a SciFi movie, and it made me think; just 20 years ago, if you saw that guy on that thing around twilight coming down the trail, would you think it was human?

Back