• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ANDES V3 DRYSTAR® JACKET - Sold

Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Hughes
Alpinestars Jacket is like new. I tried it on two short rides. It is very nice but I am looking for a replacement for my 20 yr old Aerostich. This is not that.

Asking $150 plus shipping cost.
Not a single bug splat.

IMG_1176.jpeg

IMG_1177.jpeg

Yeah, that's what I'm seeing on the tag too.

Yes it is an XXL but it fits small. I am normally XL and this is a good fit as XXL. It you guys want more details I copied the description from the Cycle Gear website.

ANDES V3 DRYSTAR® JACKET
Features:
  • Waterproof Drystar breathable membrane
  • Advanced abrasion resistant polyfabric textile construction and reinforcement
  • Alpinestars Tech-Air 5 airbag system compatible (sold separately)
  • Removable long-sleeve thermal liner
  • Direct ventilation system (DVS) zippered chest air intakes and back exhaust ports
  • Removable elbow and shoulder impact protectors included
  • Compatible with Nucleon chest and back inserts (sold separately)
  • Reinforced polymer-printed texturing in critical elbow and lower arm areas for enhanced abrasion resistance
  • Reflective details for improved rider safety
  • Front waterproof cargo pockets
  • Large, external stash pocket on lower back
  • Waterproof interior wallet pocket
  • Integrated soft edge collar
  • 3D mesh internal lining
  • Premium YKK zippers
  • Pre-contoured sleeves with accordion stretch panels on elbows
  • Hook and loop waist adjustment belt
  • Shock cord adjustment on hem
  • Jacket to pants connection zipper
  • CE Cat II PPE Regulation prEN17092 - A class safety certification

Looks nice and unfortunately if it fits small too small for my carcass but that being said what makes it not the replacement you were hoping for? Not trying to sour your sell, just curious due to I’m also looking for some replacement gear due to aging and wear and I’m picky about gear and fitment as well. Thanks!

Looks nice and unfortunately if it fits small too small for my carcass but that being said what makes it not the replacement you were hoping for? Not trying to sour your sell, just curious due to I’m also looking for some replacement gear due to aging and wear and I’m picky about gear and fitment as well. Thanks!

it is a very good jacket in every way, but it fits a little tight on me, but is new and not broken in yet, …. I just got to thinking, at my age, this is probably my last riding jacket ever. I think I will go whole hog and buy either a Klim or Aerostich.
It is very hard to find a place to try them on for size, anyone know a place?

I think I listed this at a great price, it should sell fast.

Last edited:
Price is good afraid fit would be a problem for me also.

Back