• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Another Bridge

Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Last Name
Rogers
This Bridge is north of Wells Tex. take 1911east or right coming from Wells it is a nice ride down to the bridgeand a good paved road.
IM003909-1.jpg

Good picture, Ronnie. We need to get together with Hairsmith, out of 'Doches, and you show us some of those Cherokee backroads.

I am read most anytime. Also do you think you would be in for a camp out this summer at Ratcliff lake??
DANNYROTH said:
Good picture, Ronnie. We need to get together with Hairsmith, out of 'Doches, and you show us some of those Cherokee backroads.

I don't think I can swing an overnight outing, but might visit during the day.

Geeez you guy's have all the good riding, I need to get up to East Texas for some fun red dirt roads.

Danny that would be good, I am doing this with my grandson, we can get in some riding and he can do some swimming too.

Brian, we will half to set up a Sat. ride. Most of this is dirt roads but some great things to see along the way. After a rain the national forest has some very slick clay roads and mud holes. I will post some of it soon. If you camp there is a state park at Weaches or rough camp in the National forest along with Ratcliff Lake A small lake but nice.

flame 650 said:
This Bridge is north of Wells Tex. take 1911east or right coming from Wells it is a nice ride down to the bridgeand a good paved road.
IM003909-1.jpg

Nice pic flame! :thumb: I've wanted to canoe the Angelina for years. Originally from Carthage, I love the East Texas rivers. I've been wanting to ride over there too. I hope to take the ST out to my mother's in Carthage soon.

I have three kayaks and have wonted to make a float trip from the wooden bridges down to Highway & bridge. I dont know how many trees will give problems is the summer when the river is down but I will find out this summer. When we get a ride together you need to come over and ride with us.

flame 650 said:
I have three kayaks and have wonted to make a float trip from the wooden bridges down to Highway & bridge. I dont know how many trees will give problems is the summer when the river is down but I will find out this summer. When we get a ride together you need to come over and ride with us.

You bet! Just needs to be a solid surface for the ST. I have a 16' Old Town Penobscot that doesn't see the water very often.:( Several years ago I made a solo overnight on the Neches, above the lake. A memorable trip!

I'm quite sure that I have a kayak in my garage, somewhere under some saw-dust. Now if I could just figure out a way to carry it on the bike:rider:

flame 650 said:
Brian, we will half to set up a Sat. ride. Most of this is dirt roads but some great things to see along the way. After a rain the national forest has some very slick clay roads and mud holes. I will post some of it soon. If you camp there is a state park at Weaches or rough camp in the National forest along with Ratcliff Lake A small lake but nice.
Sounds like a plan for sometime this summer.

Rooster I have a kayak you can use, are you going to try and make a camp out at Ratcliff this summer??

Back