• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Another Single Lane Bridge and Geocache

Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Richards
Found this bridge while chasing the Ghost Towns series of geocaches in our part of the state. While the bridge is not very long and there is not much water to cross, this was built mainly for crossing the North Concho River south of Sterling City when the normally dry river is up. There is a low water crossing next to it that most traffic takes, except when we have rain out here. The road is a dirt ranch road that goes due south for a long ways and then dead ends in a ranch. It is called Sherwood Lane and is about 5 miles south of Sterling City. It can be found at N 31° 48.175 W 100° 56.646. There is actually water running over the road in early August 2007. The geocache is GC14VW4 and is about 30 feet downstream (and at road level) from the coordinates.

Attachments

• Sherwood-Lane-at-N-Concho-B.jpg
    Sherwood-Lane-at-N-Concho-B.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 272
There's a bridge like that I saw in the La Grange area, low water crossing and all, I just wish I could remember where.

Back