• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Answered Prayers for Shirley Walston

Reaction score
First Name
C T
Last Name
Walston
I had to take my 82 year old mother to the ER last Sunday. We transferred her to Abilene that evening and she was diagnosed with acute cardiac tampenade due to excess fluid as a result of sudden heart failure!

The cardiologist did a procedure to relieve the pressure, and after just one night in ICU, she is getting better! Prayer works!

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the BMW Kerrville ride, but will try and make the Gina and JT's get together.

Awesome. I've seen some great answers to prayer. I've also had things that weren't answered as I hoped, and some that don't seem like they were answered at all. I believe in prayer, but I understand the idea of "wrestling in prayer."

Just a quick update. Mom got to come home a couple of days ago after the surgery to relieve the cardiac tampenade, which was successful. The doctors are formulating a plan for treating the CHF symptoms and managing the related issues.......that's the GOOD news.

The not so good news is that the pathology on the removed fluid showed lymphoma, and now we have to do a PET scan to try and find just exactly where it is, and at what stage. She has already said that she will not consider chemotherapy, a decision that I support 100%.

Unfortunately this means a rough road ahead, but my mother is very strong in her faith, and has a huge family for support, including extended family like my TWT crew!

Here's the latest! We got all the test results back and went to the oncologist for a review and planning session, and his response was that having review everything, he found ZERO evidence of cancer anywhere!!!

It would seem the test was a false positive! All the prayers worked!! This will be the absolute BEST Mother's day ever!

Back