• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

anyone ridden at shady grove in irving?

R

rck3864

has anyone ridden at shady grove in irving? I've ridden at village creek and like it but a little crowded. I'm just starting and looking for a little less of a crowd. would not like to embarass my 44 year old self in front of the kids. Looking for something close to fort worth.

Shady Grove is slick and nasty from what I remember. Nothing but dryness and peaked out hills there. I guess it's ok for fooling around, but I like to do some serious riding so I am out on that track.

did a post on it last year, was for sale when I was there.

is it still there, has it improved ?

Decent practice place each time I have been there. Call ahead if it has rained though. They don't open if the track is soft enough to be damaged by use. It is a lot more low key and laid back than Village.

Well, I just called the number on their website and it was last updated on Nov 29, and it said they were currently closed due to the recent rains. I don't know if that means THIS Nov, or last, but it at very least, sounds to me like they still might be open.

Never ridden in there, but my Department has treated riders there. Take care over there.:eek2::rider:

when i was there i lost "direction" as to where the track was going !!!! i honestly couldnt figure the whole thing out.

so i thought what i would do was "walk" the track to figure out the entire thing,
but after the first bike whizzed by, i gave that up.

while i was there, this guy was getting huge air on that table-top nearest
the "parking area" LOLOLOLOLOLOL, parking area LOLOLOLOLOL.

i like the idea of any track, but this place is RAW !!!!!!

I haven't been there in years. You used to be able to go away from the track over by the bridge and there was a pretty gnarly triple set up over there with a whoops section next to it.

It's definitely a low key track that doesn't get much(if any) grooming, but it's a fun place to go play. It's also a good place to learn better throttle control and traction management as it is usually hard pack and slick as concrete. If you go the day that it opens back up after a good rain, it's actually fairly decent. (At least that is the wayit was about 6 years ago).

I'd like to stress that it is a very low-key track with no flaggers, etc. It's pretty much a "Track goes this way ride at your own risk" kind of a place. It's so low key that I have seen a Honda 250R ATC (3-wheeler), a Yamaha Banshee, and a Honda Pilot on the track alongside the bikes. This place is where it was proven that a TW200 could clear the table top near the parking area.....it just didn't survive the landing.

Back