• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Arkansas

Reaction score
Doesn't anyone go riding up there anymore. Seems there was always several good spring time organized. rides. Haven't seen anything mentioned in a long time.

4-5 times a year.

'Organized Rides' usually means someone wants money. Those are all (mostly) public roads.

JT is coming up with one first week of march.....maybe.

Reactions: my6
I'm working on plans to go in April. a.k.a stirring it around in my head and looking at G Maps occasionally. When I was a kid we lived in Benton for several years. I've alaways anted to ride back there and see things, plus I'd like to ride in the Hot Springs area. My mom is from the new Boston Tx area, so I'd like to ride there. That would make a nice line for some riding all lined up in a row.

OP, are you talking street or dirt?

OP is a dirt first guy.
Yep, that's what I thought as well. Seems like it's getting a bit muddled with street/dirt comments. Lot's of great riding for both styles in AR, but I assumed he was asking about dirt/DS rides.

And for not being the OP, I have always thought this would be a really good ride. There are some family sites I'd like to see. My grandparents old house. We know it as being as far from civilization as possible. They had no running water or bathroom until their later days with it. Then a whole lot of years pass by and I find it on G Maps after many years of wondering where it was, and it's very close to the town. I've heard it's been redone and is really nice. I would not bother whoever lives there now. I just want to stop and see it. And I want to see the town. I'd also like to ride by the house we lived at as kids for a short time. I have some really good memories there, and it shows up in my dreams all the time. I'd like to stay a night or two at Lake Catherine. We went there as kids and my aunt and uncle stayed in one of the cabins that still look like I remember them.

OP, are you talking street or dirt?
Dual Sport is the focus here. But I al also int in pure dirt. Both can be accomadated in several areas with a central home base. The organized rides are fine because they often include very cool places that I might miss otherwise. I and friends have ridden the old "Fall Color Tour" out of Russellville a couple times and it was great. Lots of nice folks, scenery, cool places to eat and worth every penny of the reasonable fee. The beauty of AR is the short drive vs CO.

Last edited:
Some great dirt riding out of Byrd's or Mulberry Mountain. The Arkansas 500 is in May this year. It was a good group of guys and we found some really fun single track which is impossible to find in Ark unless you go private. Vinny was with our group last year and it was a fun trip. Vinny is a good rider and brought a lot of fun to the ride.
Hope he goes again this year.

Yep, couple buddies and myself will be at the AR500 this year; third time for me, fourth for them. Great ride for a great cause.

Donny’s place is awesome riding , lots of easy trails with the atv tracks but some really cool single track too . I stopped by a couple winters ago to visit with him a bit , didnt ride any since was on a street bike that day .

That is an awesome piece of land with some great camping views, but by golly...wear your bug spray!
I came home with about 18 ticks after 4 days of camping.:eek2:

Awesome night sky too. We witnessed a SpaceX deployment. 60 satellites screaming across the sky!

Back