• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Around the Bend rally - March 23 - 26, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone list the required documents, other than passport (duh) requured to enter and exit Mexico with a moto, as well as any fees.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Can someone list the required documents, other than passport (duh) requured to enter and exit Mexico with a moto, as well as any fees.

For a day trip less than 30KM inland, all you need is passport, D.L. and bike title/registration receipt. Their law requires vehicle permits for trips of more than 30KM. They have been checking all bikes coming in and asking for title/registration to prove ownership even if you are just doing a day ride and do not require a permit. I do know of several guys who have gotten through with just a U.S. insurance card for day trips, but it's better to have the title or registration.

For a day trip less than 30KM inland, all you need is passport, D.L. and bike title/registration receipt. Their law requires vehicle permits for trips of more than 30KM. They have been checking all bikes coming in and asking for title/registration to prove ownership even if you are just doing a day ride and do not require a permit. I do know of several guys who have gotten through with just a U.S. insurance card for day trips, but it's better to have the title or registration.
That's what I was looking for thanks.

I thought I had read somewhere that liability insurance was now required even within the 30KM region and that US liability insurance was not valid. Is that not the case?

I thought I had read somewhere that liability insurance was now required even within the 30KM region and that US liability insurance was not valid. Is that not the case?

Yes, liability insurance is required. I purchase a "Drivers License" policy from Portugal Insurance. About $80/yr to cover any vehicle I drive in MX.

Wow, it seems that El Dorado is already fully booked for the weekend.

Re: Camping? Around the Bend rally - March 23 - 26, 2017

Where will folks be camping for this trip? I am working on trip plans.

Thanks,
Britt

Question.......what about the rabid state park trooper. I bet he is ordering up the National Guard to come help him round up all you bad guys.

Okay so we have 10 Pages and I am wondering if there is a noob friendly group and about how many folks will be there.

Okay so we have 10 Pages and I am wondering if there is a noob friendly group and about how many folks will be there.

Right here buddy. I normally do a noob friendly group, I'm hoping Ulybrad is healthy enough to be a part of it this year too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back