• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Assignment #160: Zipper (ENTRY)

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Use this thread to post your entry for #156 - Zipper

Please refrain from commenting on photographs (yours and others) in this thread until after the winner has been selected. Any comments posted prior to the announcement of a winner will be deleted without warning.

This assignment will close at MIDNIGHT/2400, Monday, September 7th (Labor Day), 2015.

Specifics for this assignment:
1) Camera phone, point & shoot, DSLR, iPad, or even film; all shooters are welcome and encouraged to participate!
2) Post processing is allowed for this assignment.
3) All forum posting rules apply regarding suitability of an image to post.
4) Your photograph for the entry has to have been taken between now and midnight/2400, Monday, September 7th, 2015.

20150826_182959.jpg

Oh boy, this one is tough for a variety of reasons.....

Some are great shots of zippers but a bit cluttered/distracted by other things, and some are great shots of other things that just happened to have zippers in them. :ponder:

Tracker
LOVE the colors and vibrance this shot portrays. Bright orange and black go well together, but I find the white whistle a bit too much. Eyes tend to go to white areas and then toss in some text and the zipper almost becomes secondary at that point. Tighter crop leaving out the whistle?

Achesley
Yep - that's a couple zippers for sure. Well worn ones at that. That tank bag has seen a lot-o-miles for sure.

Squeaky
I'm not sure how to interpret this one. I 'think' it's a charcoal sketch that you shot and I love the concept. Yet I keep getting hung up on copyright every time I go back and look at it leaving me wondering if you did the initial drawing or someone else and whether it falls in fair-use or not. If only I could determine you did the initial drawing..... Still a great concept.

Woodbutcher
Superb lighting, almost WWII/Bomber Jacket type of shot. The brown leather did really well in the light you provided. I'm a bit lost in the gauges and such, but the worn jacket goes well with the rider persona

Stealthcrf
Another superb lighting of the subject content. And the B&W was an awesome choice. I'm having a hard time connecting the zipper to the firearm/magazine.

Duke
You are the master of the rolling selfie of some variety. Perfect focus on the important part - the zipper pull with the zipper leading lines taking me there.

Man - all different approaches with different affects and points to consider.

This time the nod goes to stealtcrf. In spite of the connection dis-connect, I think technically it's an amazing shot and the zipper is a prominent component of the entire shot without distractions.

Thanks everyone for playing this time.
Can't wait to see what stealthcrf comes up with for the next one

Great job, everybody.
Yep, same shot without the whistle would have been much better on reflection. Thanks for the input. KISS, KISS, KISS.
Squeaky - long time - no hear. Was that a self-portrait sketch from years gone by?

Last edited:
Was that a self-portrait sketch from years gone by?

Yup. It's an original circa 1993.

Got dragged out of a closet last weekend during some cleaning and reorganizing. It seems the glass didn't make it, but it was still in the frame.

I tried to draw a mouth at least twice and eventually gave up and opted for the zipper.

Jamey forced my hand posting it here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations y'all. Great photos. I was going to participate and went to Ft Worth to photograph the "Zipper Building" but there was too much clutter in the shot. This is not my photo just found on the web.

zipper+building.jpg

Honestly, I tried to take a shot of the jacket with the zipper shaped as a roller coaster, but that came out horrible so I just fell back to a cool gun pic with a zipper thrown in. I wore that jacket to the range one day with mags stuffed in the pockets and was told I looked like a fat version of Mad Max :rofl:

Back