• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Austin Area Urban Dual Sport Rides

Reaction score
Austin Area Urban Dual Sport Rides​

There's a lot of good areas to ride off road locally in and around the Austin city limits. Trails range from flat, wide dirt roads to tight single track goat trails thru the woods. Most places aren't too remote but can be a hike back to a road or gas station.

I try to ride every weekend if the weather is clear and I can sneak away from my normal responsibilities. If anyone wants to hit the trails, reply to this thread to decide on a meeting spot. Full protective gear is recommended and water is a must. Dual-Sport bikes under 650 are advised unless you are proficient at controlling your beast off road. It's about 25/75 street/dirt so you'll needed to be plated.

I'm interested. Where do you usually start from? I'm currently waiting for some brake parts for my DRZ but should have them this week.

Last edited:
Typically been meeting early mornings on a Sat or Sun at the Exxon station @ Loyola/HYW183 in Austin but flexible on date/time.

Kinda curious about 969/mlk. But may ride some other local areas too. You up for it?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

We haven't gone yet and I'm out of town this weekend but next weekend is a possibility. I try to ride most weekends and you're welcome to join

I'd go but i'm out if town til Sunday night. I'm going next weekend for sure, I need to ride.

If we don't get any significant rain between now and Sunday, things may have dried out enough to hit the trails.

according to the weather channel;
Thu Chance of rain: 0%
Fri Chance of rain: 30%
Sat Chance of rain: 10%
Sun Chance of rain: 0%

Sunday appears ok at this time even if still a little muddy. I know a few places that should be ok even if most other areas are a mud fest.

I know there's a few folks wanting to ride so unless it rains enough to make the east side trails a royal mud fest, I'll be going this weekend. If interested, meet at Exxon, Highway 183 & Loyola Lane at 9am Sunday.

Back