• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bastrop trails

Thanks for the tips, I was looking at those for my klr, they are about $35 cheaper than the bark busters or maier's. I didn't like the graphics either, they still look nice after scraping the lettering off?

+1 on the Tusk guards and they take a good beating and still hold up well.

IMG_5196.jpg

IMG_5195.jpg

IMG_5197.jpg

IMG_5198.jpg

I like my Tusks as well, just wish they had better clearance for brake and clutch cables, etc.

897908193_PMJ6n-M.jpg

Funny that that one mirror has been spun around...

That looks like road rash opposed to brush marks. :eek2: :rofl: :lol2:

The bottom picture was a little road rash when my bike fell off the motorcycle carrier on my truck in the middle of an intersection. :lol2:

The rest is all the rocks in the hill country. Trees are pretty tame. :trust:

I'm not going to be out there. Plans have changed dramatically.

Yeah, all is cool. My free time in the morning has has been spent, though. I hope to have the oil in my forks changed by 10am, then the work begins. I get to to the electrical, plumbing, and HVAC design and parts lists for a cabin shell my mother-in-law is having delivered to her property a few lots down from mine.

It's great knowing all the trades, unless you get to do them for free. I know I'm in her will, at least.

Call me when you are heading out there, I will try to sneak out for an hour or two. I will need to test out the forks, for sure.

Last edited:
I want to come out there and ride, but where is this place at?? Coming from Elgin.

Tom, you not payin attention to FB these days? I sent you directions a few weeks back :)

Made it to Bastrop, and had a great time!!! Lots of trails. Then on my way home, I went to a place Ive been eyeballing for awhile, its South of 969 and East of 130, acres of fun back in there!! Then went to the trails off Rutherford and Cameron and saw a bunch of folks there having a good time, and My front wheel pushed to hard into a corner, and I went down and broke a rear turn signal!:eek2: But still had a great ride today....Justin, I dont look at messages on there much, sorry.

Made it to Bastrop, and had a great time!!! Lots of trails. Then on my way home, I went to a place Ive been eyeballing for awhile, its South of 969 and East of 130, acres of fun back in there!! Then went to the trails off Rutherford and Cameron and saw a bunch of folks there having a good time, and My front wheel pushed to hard into a corner, and I went down and broke a rear turn signal!:eek2: But still had a great ride today....Justin, I dont look at messages on there much, sorry.

Oh wow sounds like a good day! Hopefully nothing broken other than bike parts.

I'm going to ride the trails in the morning if anyone is interested...

Hi- I may try to make it out. Where are these trails?

Sorry dude, thanks for the PM, eneded up having to take care of some family stuff today. I will try to make it out another time.

No problem. There is always another day.

I pulled up about 8:45 to find jthompson unloaded and warmed up. That was a nice surprise. We rode until 10:45 or so. A new tree has fallen on one of the loops but we found a way around. There has been a few big trees blocking one road for while, and we found a way around that one as well.

I took him to another part of the subdivision where there are deep sand trails and we worked up a good arm pump. Super secret location... don't ask... ride with me and I'll show you... no tipping required... but you might have to pick the bike up....

No falls, no breaks, and a little bit of air. Good times.

Back