• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

BMW front fender

kenray

Reaction score
My 89 BMW K100 RS100 has a two piece front fender. During a maintenance procedure I removed the front and rear fenders. No problems. The re-installment of the front piece is no problem but the rear piece is another matter. Seems the dual calipers inverted U shaped metal brake lines prevents the rear section fender from being placed back into position. Do not recall any problem during removal. Been messing with it for several weeks as I don't want to force anything into place. Any suggestions or prior experience would be appreciated. Thanks, Ken in Katy.

Put it back together the same order it came out? Loosen all the bolts including brake lines then assemble and tighten? There has to be a way if it came apart easily.

Put it back together the same order it came out? Loosen all the bolts including brake lines then assemble and tighten? There has to be a way if it came apart easily.

That's what I did. Along with a little coaxing of the brake lines they went back up in the fender housing. Thanks for the reply and have a Merry Christmas. Ken in Katy

Back