• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

BMW R9T vs. BMW R....R Riding Position ?

Reaction score
Which most closely approximates the riding position of the RT I rode for many years ?

I live in podunk Lufkin where no BMW's exist for me to sit on. Used models of RR's and R9T's are descending in to my price range in Dallas, Austin, and Houston.

Any help appreciated!

rrvsr9t.jpg

The RR has optional factory multi function adjustable rear sets . I ordered them for the RS ( same bike but with fairing ) Think lighter version of RT .
Bar risers make either bike very upright . If you intend to tour , and ride distance the RR is the better choice . Included are some photos of my RS with adjustable barts and factory bars with Voight risers .

20231110_173316.jpg

20231110_181317.jpg

1st valve check right side.jpg

20231006_182936.jpg

Think lighter version of RT .

That is my goal.

As I enter my dotage, I suspect I could not pick up an RT anymore.

I abide the old rule we always applied to female riders "If you can't pick it up, you shouldn't be riding it."

Plus, removing all that plastic every time I needed to work on the RT really began to get tiresome. I want something lighter and simpler, but I do like a faring.

I will look harder at the RS with bar risers. Thanks Bryan!

I would much rather pick up a R bike than any other adv bike. But as I am getting older I do my best to not put myself in a situation where I might have to pick it up.
The problem is convincing my mind that my body isn't 25 anymore. Most of my rides are solo I have been doing better at not riding as fast and taking unnecessary chances.

Back