• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bought a DR650

Reaction score
I'll be back on it. Dont know when.

The DR I bought is a 2015.
It's all alright, it'll do after i get it rigged out like my other one was.

It comes with items that i thought i could use, and some i knew i would have to replace.
Seat Concepts tall seat. Can't even touch the ground unless my butt is too far off the seat. For sure no stabbing.
IMS 4.9 gal tank. Too small.
White plastic. No way I'm keeping that.
Trailtech Endurance speedo. Just don't like it. Rather have stock. (guess it would help to read the manual)
Tusk luggage racks. Now that i really look at them, don't like them. May keep them for awhile.
Stock headlight bulb has got to be replaced with same make/model as i had on 02.

It did come with these two items :
Full Cogent suspension set up for 220 lbs, Mojave Adventure shock
FMF PowerCore4 slip-on

He did install asm jetkit, but not fully.
Didn't drill slider and put in a 250 jet. I'll drill slider and drop down to 100 jet. I just think 250 is way too big.

The items i had on the 02 DR have gone up in price so much, they are almost out of reach.
Was reading on forum where wolfman bags are now cheaply made, wonder if they can still support a DR when you have to drag into a better position to pickup the bike.

My plan is to go back over some of the rides that posted, mostly to go back to the interesting stuff to get pictures i messed.
Like the spires that are somewhere on hwy 60 in some state.
The mountain side that looked like an owls face, maybe it was light that caused that. Probably can't catch that there again.
Then there is what looked like a focalized bone at the placer mine i had. I had looked before, will look again for it.

Need somewhere to post pictures, youtube will be fine for videos.

After i get the bike like i want it, i'll take a 30 day ride out to all of that.
Try to post daily images, videos take too long and i dont want to take my laptop, to slow on edit and upload.

Spoke to Thrill Billy sometime back and he is just total done with motorcycles.
Was wanting to start up the Tuesday rides we did. those were fun, adventurous and interesting.

Need somewhere to post pictures...
You can upload pics here as attachments straight from your phone.

Looks like i am going to have to sell it.
This elderly lady here, there is no telling when she is going to need me.
She was walking around house in the bike lane, tried to step up the curb and fell into the bike lane.
Didn't tell me she was going to walk around the house.
If she had of, i would have been with her.
Which just leaves me wondering if i had of been a long bike trip.
She claims she will be alright with me gone, but i can see that is not the case.

she is just sore in places.
Sacred me when i saw trying to get up while still in bike lane

She is actually demanding i not sell the bike and she will find someone to stay here while i am out riding.
We are going to have to very hard discussion about this.

Two weeks after buying it, I had a heart attack and had quadruple bypass done.
Back home now. WTH to do now.
Don't know if i believe the heart surgeon or not, he said in something like 1 year, i would be riding the rough stuff again with nothing to worry about.

Correction : Chatted with Procycle about the jet kit, they said that it is no longer required or recommended to drill the slider. Not even in the instructions any more.
Procycle also stated change the jet from 250 to 150. 250 the previous owner put in was too big.
I want keep the MPG at what the 2002 DR i had was getting. I had put in a 100 jet in it.
Ran great.
I am thinking that i really need to change to the pumper carb.

Had bought the bike and plans were to rebuild for BDRs.
Now I want to run the 2024 Stump Jumpers D100 that is in April of next year. Date not set yet (mentioned) in the msg sent/received to/from them.
I think that Cogent shock on rear will be too stiff for the D100.
That D100 is still a year away and have not decided to keep or sell it.

Lady here is still not getting any better.
Just don't like spending more money on it if going to sell.

If you are planning on doing Stump Jumpers, (even if it’s a year away) it must be safe to conclude you are recovering well from the improvements you had installed on your own pump only a few months ago? Glad to hear it.

If you are planning on doing Stump Jumpers, (even if it’s a year away) it must be safe to conclude you are recovering well from the improvements you had installed on your own pump only a few months ago? Glad to hear it.
Thank you.. Still have some problems.
I have my fingers crossed that i will be able to do that.
I have something like 3 heart doctors. why??
Anyway all of those docs, and rehab tell me there is no reason that i can not do that, for matter even MX and Enduro (meaning me, not bike)

Even if well enough, still could back out. Long way up there to slab it, plus the bike has to get me back home.

Great news.

But you'll have to hook up w someone who is going and could haul you and your bike!

Back