• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Boy have I done it again.

Zonie

Reaction score
First Name
John
Last Name
Ebert
Over the weekend I was in Davenport Iowa. Rode my Mobylette all over the place and came across a 1966 Jawa 05.
I bought it and took it for a ride. The old girl is 50cc's of raw power with 3 speeds. All there with a title.
Might take it to the Harvest Classic Only has a little over 800 miles on it.

Attachments

• 20220902_074128.jpg
    20220902_074128.jpg
    394.1 KB · Views: 227
  • 20220902_074231.jpg
    20220902_074231.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 223
Is the kickstarter arc forward?

Heck, even I would ride it if my begging gave me an opportunity. It's beautiful. My friends dad used to bring home $20 Lambrettas and Vespas, and an occasional Ducati 250 he'd find around 1968-1971. All of us neighborhood kids would ride them like motocrossers until they blew up and got tossed out. Then he went to jail as a drug trafficker, and the guy I thought was the coolest dad in town, was gone forever.

I'll have to come by and kick the tires on that puppy, sweet little scooter John.

Very nice. What is the tooth count on that rear sprocket? Looks huge, picture may be deceiving.

Very nice. What is the tooth count on that rear sprocket? Looks huge, picture may be deceiving.
55 teeth. Got some new fork gators and other rubber bits on order from the Czech Republic. Let's see how long it takes to get through customs.

55 teeth. Got some new fork gators and other rubber bits on order from the Czech Republic. Let's see how long it takes to get through customs.
Got my parts on the 29th of Sept. Pretty quick if you consider US Customs can be a PIA. Putting together a list of other items I might need. Cables and maybe an exhaust system. The quality of Soviet era chrome lacks something.
Been putting penetrating oil on the spoke nipples before I try and tighten the loose ones.

This year will be the last Harvest Classic, sadly...

Hey any progress on the bearings? Let me know if you end up needing more fat guy help. LOL

Hey any progress on the bearings? Let me know if you end up needing more fat guy help. LOL
No progress has been made with getting the wheel bearings out. Did remove and buff the front fender to remove the overspray. Also mowed the yard and I'm paying the price for over doing it. My arm and shoulder are not happy today.

You need a picture or two so we know it "actually" happened. Good job getting the little one out. I got the Jeep going, still working on the starting. I need to adjust the metering rod and change the pilot jet and see how she does. Runs great off the bottom though, just having idle hiccups.

This year will be the last Harvest Classic, sadly...
Looks like the motorcycle museum in Burnett is picking up some of the slack and having a 1-day event on November 4th.
I plan on stopping by on my way down to Fredericksburg on the 30th.

You need a picture or two so we know it "actually" happened. Good job getting the little one out. I got the Jeep going, still working on the starting. I need to adjust the metering rod and change the pilot jet and see how she does. Runs great off the bottom though, just having idle hiccups.
Tough crowd but I think I can do that.

maybe it's a H-D edition?

Well I took the Jawa to the Fandango in Fredericksburg. Put it into the show with no expectations so I wasn't disappointed. My
friend from NM put his Power Pak into the show. It is a 49cc bolt on power unit attached to a Triumph bicycle. Those and ones like it were common in post war Europe as fuel was so very expensive.

Resized_20230401_154106(3).jpeg

20230401_081225.jpg
Wondered around the swap meet always looking for a small treasure. Found a tach for a Norton Commando, price was right.
Then I came across a vendor who was late setting up with all sorts of weird small bikes. So, yes I bought a 47 ML125 Famous James.
This one will take some time.

Back