• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

"Christian" Motorcycle groups

I'm curious as to what to what you dont agree with.

From the CMA website....

The Christian Motorcyclists Association is interdenominational and evangelistic in nature.We believe in:

• The Bible as the inspired and infallible Word of God
  • One God, eternally existent in three persons Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
  • The virgin birth and deity of Christ, His explicit atoning death, bodily resurrection, and ascension
  • Salvation through the blood of Jesus Christ
  • The sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit who enables a believer to live holy
  • The second coming of Jesus Christ
They watch the rider gear for free at Circuit of America. I left all my riding gear with them and got it on the way out. They are servants and love Jesus and people.
I probably wouldn't leave gear with the Hells Angels, but I may :-P

How is a person saved? Why do y'all bless inanimate objects?

Look. CMA has been awesome at service no question about it. Always has been. I did not have much in common given proximity 25 years ago relative to my age, lifesyle, and Christian service even though were all on a common path. I was a worship leader. Now i get it, and guess what im a grizzed old guy in love with the Lord.. I see nothing but biblical truth in their statement of faith. To start division on this site only comes from the enemy. All of us need to think about what we are saying and why we need to respond, period. Windmill nailed it. Its grace that any of us are saved.
Go back to the gospel and remember what Christ says. I dont think this started out with legalistic intent. But lets be aligned in faith or we simply help satan destroy us. I just dont see how some of these topics bring unity.

Look. CMA has been awesome at service no question about it. Always has been. I did not have much in common given proximity 25 years ago relative to my age, lifesyle, and Christian service even though were all on a common path. I was a worship leader. Now i get it, and guess what im a grizzed old guy in love with the Lord.. I see nothing but biblical truth in their statement of faith. To start division on this site only comes from the enemy. All of us need to think about what we are saying and why we need to respond, period. Windmill nailed it. Its grace that any of us are saved.
Go back to the gospel and remember what Christ says. I dont think this started out with legalistic intent. But lets be aligned in faith or we simply help satan destroy us. I just dont see how some of these topics bring unity.
My questions were in response to the CMA statement of faith that was posted. It did not address those points I asked about.

By acknowledging their sins and asking for forgiveness. No amount of works or good deeds can ever over come the cost of our sins, the wages of which are death. Without Jesus we would be lost forever. Jesus left us a guide, the Bible which is His inerrant and living word to help us through this world. God the father, Jesus the Son and the holy Spirit, all exist as one and separate at once. Jesus was born to Mary, a virgin and lived a perfect sinless life as only He was capable of, then he willing died for us atoning for our sins. He was dead in every sense of the word, buried, and He awoke 3 days latter, rolled the stone away and walked among his believers. The only way to salvation is through the blood of Jesus, His sacrifice. He sent His spirit, the Holy spirit to help guide us and sanctify us. And the very best part is Jesus will return again.

When Jesus feeds the 4000 in Matthew 14:19 he blessed the five loves and two fish. I know the bread was inanimate and I'm sure the fish was dead and probably cooked so it was no longer living.
Matthew 14:19 kjv
19 And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the grass, and took the five loaves, and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed, and brake, and gave the loaves to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.
Then he pretty much did the same thing in Matthew 15:32-38 with seven loaves and a few fish. It fed 4000 men plus women and children and they all ate their fill. They even had leftovers. I don't particularly like left over fish. It just don't taste the same the next day. It gets rubbery in texture too. Wish our grocery list would go that far ;-)
I've had a few motorcycles eat my lunch in the past. :doh:

Manford I know exactly what you mean about blessings. I know you are a preacher of the true gospel of Jesus Christ Thank you for sharing, it gets us thinking and reading God's written word.
The main thing is to bless God and what is created in his image. He loves us!
I love Psalms 34:1...
I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

As far as blessing inanimate objects, it isnt wrong to ask God for His protection and grace. He is our loving father and He wants to provide for us in all ways. When I ask other believers to lay their hands on me, and my motorcycle, we are asking God for His protection. Protection from any of the countless things that can happen to us when riding. From a blown out tire on the bike or a mechanical failure which could cause you harm to a medical issue that could do the same thing. Also ask the Lord to use my motorcycle and me as a oppurtunity to reach someone who may be otherside unreachable. MC's open the door to so many lost people who would otherwise not get to hear the good news of the gospel.

So minutia details are not included in broad statement or faith of the CMA.
Their basic statement of faith would have worked for every evangelical group in the world from what i saw. Doctrinal differences are in the noise level, unless profound. So are you pre or post rapture? Who cares? If there are real differences such as :"We don't believe in a virgin birth; we don't believe in the Trinity; we don't believe in Resurrection or judgement, or Christ's sanctifying, redemptive death, then we have an issue. Or we don't believe in marriage between male and female, and are ok with flipping around our gender identity. Well id open a scriptural debate, but at level 2. Just saying CMA seems solid. If not please point out the conflict so we can look at it like Bereans did in the second century .

Last edited:
Well you are talking with Christians mostly so we get the Gospel. I know, you know, what is your point of the Q. Is the blessing of bikes for the bike or rider?
You started off with paganism so let me again ask, why do most Christian churches have a Christmas tree in their church at Christmas time?
Do animals have souls? Why do most Christians pray for their pets when they are suffering? Again, IF it matters to you, it matters to God.

Well you are talking with Christians mostly so we get the Gospel. I know, you know, what is your point of the Q. Is the blessing of bikes for the bike or rider?
You started off with paganism so let me again ask, why do most Christian churches have a Christmas tree in their church at Christmas time?
Do animals have souls? Why do most Christians pray for their pets when they are suffering? Again, IF it matters to you, it matters to God.

I cannot say why many congregations have trees in December. Animals do not have souls. Asking God to heal a pet or live stock is far different from one saying an content-empty "blessing." Same with vehicles - asking God to keep your vehicle operational is far different from asking God to "bless it." He may bless His children by keeping your motorcycle safely operating.

Last edited:
I cannot say why many congregations have trees in December.
I can but I won't . This thread would explode :lol2:
All kidding aside thanks Manford it was fun. God bless you brother.

And brother shark. Thank you. I put a twist on it. "If it matters to God it matters to me."

Last edited:
Back