• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Circuit of the Americas

I'm a COTA regular (many bike races, a few car races, several trackdays), and IMO, T6 is the best general admission spot, and T15 is the best grandstand seating. I did GA only for many years, but have upgraded to T15 seats. I watch practices from T3 to T9, the races, qualifying, etc from the seats at 15. T15 makes it VERY easy and low effort. Food, bathrooms and entry are all close by. Getting to the in-field vendor area is fairly quick, and the entrance is also close-ish. But, its pricey these days, and the view from the GA area is really quite good. There's some food back there, too, and bathrooms - but it's a hike to get there. The big screen viewing is better from T6 than from T15 (for the last couple years at least - they seem to move around a little). During MotoGP, you can't access the fun stuff like Charliez mentions: paddock or main grandstands without special passes.

You can also volunteer as a track marshal. I did T14 and just loved it. The view from right on the track is unbeatable. We had rain that year, so stayed busy helping bikes off the track. That makes for VERY long days, but it's free access - and you even (used to?) get discounts on RideSmart trackdays...
Did they turn of the "jumbotrons" for the GA areas?

I'm there quiet often , and my wife is there 3 days a week ;) Austin is a California clone ,and I remember when it was a nice city . Should also mention have family that's employed by the city . Austin does not get reported for a large portion of its crimes with the defunding . Carry on
If you think Austin is that bad don't ever go to Portland, LA, or Chicago.... Austin is fine so long as you avoid certain areas, just like any urban location.

Ubering to the track maybe OK but back to the hotel would be a nightmare. The driver would never find you amid the crowd outside. (if you could get one to pick up the fare)

SS

Back