• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Clear Lake DS ride log

Kenzo, Lets check with Rob and see if he is off Next Thursday (03.12.09) I could swing that day off:

Monday - no, we're starting 2 new projects - no good...
Tuesday - meeting with accountavt (corporate tax returns:doh: ) - no good..
Wednesday - project meetings - all day - no good...
Thursday - Yeah - lets ride!:rider:
Friday - recovering from being roosted all day by Kenzo - and leaving for Wimberley!

Let me know - Craig

Well, the timing just sucks for me right now. I shift work, and I'm in the weekend rotation right now, so the next couple of weekends are shot. I'll be doing the Tunica Hills ride on the 19th, followed by the Junction TAR in early April. I'll be available for the last weekend in March (27th,28th) if that would work for yous guys. Works for this guy:

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37471

Rob, i wus wondering about ur tires...look at them a Boondoggles and thought *wut a shame* hahaha...;-)

Rob we shud swap phone numbers in PM's to try to put this ride together asap.

:chug:

LOL. Yeah, like you, I'd much rather be on the dirt, but living here, the only chance I get to ride is to work and back, or our Wednesday night get togethers. Ah well :shrug: .

Check your PM.

Well, the timing just sucks for me right now. I shift work, and I'm in the weekend rotation right now, so the next couple of weekends are shot. I'll be doing the Tunica Hills ride on the 19th, followed by the Junction TAR in early April. I'll be available for the last weekend in March (27th,28th) if that would work for yous guys. Works for this guy:

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37471

we're talk'n about next Thursday...so wut day does ur "weekend" start on??? :confused:

...there's always the following week :thumb:

Rob, i wus wondering about ur tires...look at them a Boondoggles and thought *wut a shame* hahaha...;-)

i'm working on the logistics with some other guys on a trip to Chorokee to get dirty...we're suppose to have the trailer situation figured out by next week...i don't know what u guys have as far as trailering/back of PU capacity but we need to sort that out...

Rob we shud swap phone numbers in PM's to try to put this ride together asap.

we're talk'n about next Thursday...so wut day does ur "weekend" start on??? :confused:

...there's always the following week :thumb:

If it's a one day ride, that would work. I'm off next Thursday, but start back on day shift on Friday.

Rob,

Yeah...that's what I was talking about (and I beleive Ken was also) - I just have the one day (Thursday) to work with. I'm up for a ride...even if we have to throw the bikes in my trailer and haul to a decent spot. Let me know!

Craig aka equipment junkie

* Proudly abusing KLRs since August of '08:thumb:

Great, then count me in. Maybe we could do that Cherokee cycle park like Kenny suggested? Doesn't seem that far from Clear Lake, so we could trailer there, and get a good days ride in. Kenny, have you been there before? Craig, can you fit four bikes in your trailer?

Rob,

Four bikes should be no problem. Even if it were, we can put a bike or two in the back of the truck... Wherfe is Cherokee located? I'd better get some tinkerin' done on that 400!

Craig

P.S. just found out i need to visit the Friendswood jail to bail my cook out for a PI...gosh do i have a great job! Doh! hahahahaaaa...

Maybe you need to quit setting such a bad example for your employees :rofl:

If my FMF Q4 silencer ever gets here, I'll be checking out the SHNF for sure!

Maybe you need to quit setting such a bad example for your employees :rofl:

If my FMF Q4 silencer ever gets here, I'll be checking out the SHNF for sure!

i wus a goofy 23 year old once..."partly serious...serious party"...come to think of it that "phase" lasted over two decades :lol2:

...so u don't have a spark arrestor??? ...there are "burn bans" in many locations so many of these places may require one to ride :deal:

i'll make myself available Thursday...i just wanna :rider: dirty...

No, I've got the Baja Designs spark arrestor, so I'm legal that way. The muffler is just too loud though, and I doubt I'd make the 94db (or whatever it is) requirement for the national forest.

Hmmm.... looking at their website, it says they are open Friday through Monday.

just checked the forcast for College Station Thursday...cool, highs ~60F & 70% chance of rain... :giveup:

...maybe shoot for a weekday or weekend day next week?

Don't know if anyone does. I can tell you that I wear a medium helmet usually, and that is what I ordered. I must have an oval shaped head (looking from above), as it fit everywhere, except it was too tight in the forehead. I just took some sandpaper and sanded down about a millimeter or two from the styrofoam in that area, and now it fits perfect.

Wow, was blowing this off a good decision, or what? Have you guys seen the weather up there :eek2:? I'm off the last weekend of this month (27th/28th), so how about trying again then?

Rob,

I know that I'll be hitting the pie run to New Ulm on Saturday the 28th (I'm trying to make ALL of them this year...). What is your work schedule during the week just before and after that weekend...or during any other week (except NEXT week - still covered up - "and that's a good thing!"). Let me know!

CRaig aka equipment junkie

I'd be available for the 26th, 27th or 28th. I'm riding the Tunical Hills ride the week before, and the Junction ride the week after. In April, I'd have the two middle weekends (11th, 12th and 18th, 19th) open.

i really hate this new layout of the site.

oh well . i will keep watching this to see if i am available.

Back