• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

clutch noise

D.W.

Reaction score
I originally posted this in the maintenance forum and got no replies. hopefully I will get some feedback on this forum before throwing myself on the dealerships benevolent maintenance department.

My 2009 GSF had developed a alarming sound. when in neutral with the clutch out /disengaged she sounds like a half full washing machine. Engaging the clutch eliminates the noise. This is a relatively new development or newly noticed anyway. Anybody else experienced this? 2009 GSF 1250 Bandit/S.

My 2010 1250FA does a similar thing when cold, i engage/diengage the clutch a few times in neutral and it seems to help a bit.
The issue tends to mostly go away once she's warmed up, perhaps she wants to be a dry clutch like the Ducati's :)
I'm running Shell advance 10w/40 JASO-2 full synthetic. Just bought it from a mature guy, who claimed he didn't run the **** out of it with racing or wheeelie's, the bike only has 2450 miles so far. I did two quick oil/coolant changes to flush any crap out.
I'm taking it in tomorrow to have the boys replace the brake and clutch fluids as she has been sitting, i'll ask them if this clutch rattle is normal.

I should have mentioned, both my 16 BMW 1200rs and 20 KTM 890 Duke don't do that, and they have more miles on em?
Can't remember if my two previous 1250S bikes did that.

Back