• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

College Station area, FM 3090

That sucks.
Odd place to happen though,
There is a stop sign at that T-intersection and a pretty easy turn.
Unless it was in the area of that intersection, that would make more sense.
This is one of the roads that has the # of motorcycle deaths signs on it (was at 4 last time I paid attention to it).

This sign is closer to Hwy 6
123.jpg

Odd side note, FM 3090 is no longer on Google Street view for the majority of the road, just a few little spots?
I know it used to be because I have looked at it, but now it is not showing the blue line for it.

Last edited:
That's by my house. It's a road that I like to ride, but you better be on your toes. The corners can easily sneak up on you. I've been in that area over 20 years and most accidents don't make the news. They happen all the time. It's mostly the wound up crotch rockets or bumble bees pushing the limits. When I got my new back tire put on, I was riding it, and being careful with it, and coming into one of the curves, the back tire started sliding during some braking so being cautions saved my tail.

At the end of 3090, when you turn left on FM 244 you'll see this sign. It's been the same number for years and needs to be updated

Attachments

• 244.png
    244.png
    428 KB · Views: 67
About 35 years ago, I was riding in a car with a schoolmate on our way back to TAMU and another driver in the group took his car 'agricultural' on 3090.
A few months later, yet another driver from the group did it too.

Many memories in that area, lots of challenging twists and good burgers and riding friends, sad it took another life. I bet he was loving it till things went wrong.

Awesome road…. I have seen another rider memorial on that road too🥲

Was out exploring yesterday, went by this area. Didn't see any signs of the accident so no idea what happened. Right past intersection there is a very tight curve, but didn't see anything there.

I know 2 guys that went down on 3090. One while staring at a previous crash and the other was a slow speed crash from a stop when he ran wide at take off and hit some wet grass on the side of the road. Nice road if you mind your business. Kinda feel sorry for the people that live out there. Between crashes and jerks, it's gotta get old.

Here is the memorial …. Not sure it is still there On Fm3090.

Attachments

• 8A2D88B5-97E9-492A-9E46-FDC5368CC48A.jpeg
    8A2D88B5-97E9-492A-9E46-FDC5368CC48A.jpeg
    458.9 KB · Views: 70
I went back and looked …. It was taken July 7 2016. Such a nice - sad memorial 🙏

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    466.3 KB · Views: 50
Back