• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

CRF 230L no start

tjbtex

Reaction score
My 2009 CRF 230L has no spark and low beam is out. Hi beam and other lights work. Seams to be getting fuel due to raw gas smell when magic button in use. Anybody know of someone in the north Texas area who woks on these or should I just use one of the dealers? Air cooled and carbed.

I've seen two ways a kill switch works. It either connects two wires or disconnects two wires. If you think you don't need the switch, connect the two wires going to it together. If you get fire, solder them together and heat shrink to insulate. If there is no fire with them tied together, cut them apart and try again. If still no fire, it's something else. Kill switches just connect or disconnect two wires.

Kill switch grounds to the chassis and disables the ign system , first trick we learned on bikes was disconnect the kill switch if no start , that was the problem one out of twenty times . The key is the extra part , my Beta doesn’t have a key switch . E button starts it kill switch stops it . Easy peasy .

Back