• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cruise Control Day!

DFW_Warrior

Hmmmm.....
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
This is certainly a first for me. First bike with cruise control and I think it is going to be a game changer for the long rides. Now I just have to figure out how to wire this darn thing in.

IMG_4607.jpeg

It involves removing a “few” pieces from the bike first.
IMG_4605.jpeg

IMG_4606.jpeg

We shall see how it goes!

Awesome. That's something I always wanted to do, but never did. I rode a few bikes with it and messed with it a little, and it certainly seemed like the hot ticket for long distance riding. I bet it helps a lot with fatigue, not having to constantly keep your mind on your speed and making small adjustments to the throttle constantly. .

I love the cruise control attached to my 1290 Super Duke R EVO. Lots of fun, and makes twisty roads challenging...LOL

One of these days I'll have it. There's a plug and play kit for my KTM but it's pricey. I'm still in the "You don't know you need it till you have it" camp.

I put an Audiovox cruise on my 2008 V-Strom 1000. Greatest thing since sliced bread. Only bought one bike without cruise since then, a 2016 GSX-S 1000. Only rode it 2400 miles in 2 years.

Once you have it you will always have it for the boring interstate highways.

My RT has it and it was great on my trip last fall. My new Busa has it also. Haven't used it too much yet but it is much more advanced than the BMW. Keeps the speed very close with no variations

Got it all installed and through the diagnostics with 100% success. I’m waiting on the temps to dip below 100 before getting out and testing it.

There were a LOT of wires for this thing. There isn’t one spot on this bike that doesn’t have a wire going to it for this cruise control. The good thing though were that the instructions were some of the best I’ve ever had to go through. They do a really good job.
IMG_4610.jpeg

Once I ride with it some, I’ll probably end up messing with the gain just to fine tune it if it needs any adjustment there. Other than that it is all buttoned up and good to go.

While I was in there I pulled my headlight apart and got the right side headlight working again until Yamaha can find me a recall kit for it.

Once you have it you will always have it for the boring interstate highways.
That is what I’m thinking will happen. Once I use it across West TX one time, it will no longer be a “nice to have” on any future bike.

I recently installed one of their cruise controls on my 690 and so far it’s worked really well. I’ve really gotten spoiled by having cruise control on my bikes.

I recently installed one of their cruise controls on my 690 and so far it’s worked really well. I’ve really gotten spoiled by having cruise control on my bikes.
I’m glad to hear it. I didn’t get to test mine today (104 this afternoon, straight into rain storms). I did have a question about the programming and sent them a message on their website. Since it is Monday morning in Australia, I got a phone call back from them in about 30 minutes and they patiently walked me through my questions. You don’t get that from most vendors these days!!!

Spoiled having it on my Wings, and have it on my K1600.
Just makes long rides so much easier. Being able to rest your right hand/arm is just amazing.
For a "local" bike, I could live without it, but anything I do more than 100 miles at a time on, cruise is just a must.

The PO of my Tenere started putting a rostra cruise on it but did not complete it. I finished it and use it alot.

Back