• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Daytona Bike Week

Reaction score
First Name
Dennie
Last Name
Spears
I thought Las Vegas was the greatest place for people watching, but I was wrong. Daytona has surpassed Vegas, but only because of the people  and the bikes. No pics today except for close to the office because I worked late. The last one is me at the office.

IMG_20240301_125226320.jpg

IMG_20240301_125202754_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240301_165724221_HDR.jpg

Been many years since I have been to Bike Week.

When I lived up North going to Bike Week was an annual event.

Have not been to bike week in 20 years for numerous reasons , money, family and work . Got money now , family grown, and now retired might try to go next year.

#1. I appreciate, but don't understand why.
#2. Always remember where we came from.
#3. Why not stretch a Honda?

IMG_20240306_155924862.jpg

IMG_20240306_155605330_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20240307_183126376.jpg
    IMG_20240307_183126376.jpg
    680 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20240307_183140778.jpg
    IMG_20240307_183140778.jpg
    678.9 KB · Views: 35
I should go to Bike Week before it’s banned.
I’ve enjoyed going to the Lone Star Rally every time I could go.

Dennie, which bikes are getting the most requests for demo rides?
Papio and the 450SS in our group. 700CLX and IBEX 800 in the other group. Least ridden is probably the 300NK and the 650cc models. We have 10 bikes in each group and several times a day they will all be taken. The most asked questions are, "When is the dual sport 450 coming out?" and "How much is it going to cost?"

I can say that I have been pleasantly surprised by the 450NK. I never expected a Chinese bike to be the first bike to push all of my buttons.

Papio and the 450SS in our group. 700CLX and IBEX 800 in the other group. Least ridden is probably the 300NK and the 650cc models. We have 10 bikes in each group and several times a day they will all be taken. The most asked questions are, "When is the dual sport 450 coming out?" and "How much is it going to cost?"

I can say that I have been pleasantly surprised by the 450NK. I never expected a Chinese bike to be the first bike to push all of my buttons.
Very interesting, thanks Dennie.

My nephew, Alan Phillips came in 25th after qualifying 49th. There were 62 that qualified. His first time at Daytona. Not much practice time with three red flags in his first session.

Last edited:
That Beach track photo is really cool.

I found a few short clips of old video of the sand races-
bikes-
cars- (the crowd is standing unobstructed right there next to the "track")

Pretty good spend of 26 minutes if you have time to kill- (nostalgic footage / description of nascar at daytona)

Not trying to derail the thread, it just peeked my interest.
I was supposed to Honeymoon in Daytona but we petered out when we hit Panama beach and just stayed there - LOL.
I was stationed at Port Canaveral in the CG but somehow never made the trip over to Daytona. Even had a bike while living there.

Last edited:
Had a fun week at Daytona bike week, but amazed to see how quiet it was compared to my last trip 5 years ago! The Main Street was very busy, but in past years there were lots of stalls and things going on in side streets, this year it was just the Main Street and very few young people, I can see that motorcycling appears to be dying, there were only old people 50+ present, no new blood seems to be coming in.. was fun but will probably be my last bike week.

I think there's still young riders out there, maybe going to bike week isn't their thing. heck I've never been and don't plan on it.

Had a fun week at Daytona bike week, but amazed to see how quiet it was compared to my last trip 5 years ago! The Main Street was very busy, but in past years there were lots of stalls and things going on in side streets, this year it was just the Main Street and very few young people, I can see that motorcycling appears to be dying, there were only old people 50+ present, no new blood seems to be coming in.. was fun but will probably be my last bike week.
I was told that the old people were on Main Street and the young people were in another area. I can't remember the name of the streets. Quite a few fatalities last week, some bikers and a couple of "jumpers.". The number of jumpers is expected to increase this week because of spring break. Drunk kids think they can stand on their balcony railing and jump to another building and grab the railing on the other balcony. According to my co-worker that once spent a week in the local ICU with a race induced broken pelvis, jumpers came in often enough that the nurses created that name for them.

Back