• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

dealing with my brother

• Thread starter Deleted member 23845
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23845

TWT,

I had a call from my big brother in Billings, MT last night. He has been dealing with depression and a host of other physical and work issues. I am doing my best supporting him at a distance, but I felt ambushed by an energy draining assault last night. Please may I ask for prayers for healing? I am concerned he may be at his end of ability to deal with all the pain and depression. I hope his doctors can find a solution. Today I have been healing myself after the encounter.

thanks.

Glad to pray for you and your brother. I'll put you on my list.

Sending positive vibes to you and your bro.

+1

Depression can be debilitating. Without knowing the other circumstances, I can tell you that maintaining and increasing a vitamin regiment can help tremendously. Omega3's are a must. In vast quantities. Like 5,000-6,000mg/day without side affects (other than the extra oil in your system).

Good luck. Deep breaths. Try to get enough rest.

Wow. Tough for both of you. You have my prayers.

Prayers on the way lucydad. Hope all will be fine with you and bro. Hard to deal with when it is a relative. I wish the best for the both of you and this difficult time. Drew

Thanks all...this week he seems better both physically, mentally and spiritually. They adjusted his meds, and that has helped. Prayers work! Blessings to all on two wheels.

I like this forum.

Please keep up the prayers. A week ago his Old English Sheepdog, Megan died from a heart attack. My brother continues to struggle with life. Thanks!

Update, my brother is taking the summer off and the docs have him on a anti-anxiety drug used often for PTSD military. He hopefully is on the mend and upswing. Some evidence is he has done short rides on his Super 90 and Buell Blast. Summer coming to Montana also helps. Thanks to all for prayers.

Peace to both of you, remember to look for the way through, not at the obstacles.
just like riding....

Update, my brother is taking the summer off and the docs have him on a anti-anxiety drug used often for PTSD military. He hopefully is on the mend and upswing.

I hope any guns lying around the house are locked up safely. There has been many soldiers with PTSD take their life's the past several years.

RB

All,

Please keep praying. This morning he checked himself into the Billings Clinic for inpatient psychiatric care. He is having a rough go, and has been suicidal. We hope the docs can find the right medications and he can turn the corner. :/

The Word of God says "The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man (man-kind)availeth much. Jesus said, cast your cares on me, for I care. The Word say's in Philippians 4:7 " And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
The word peace is translated from the original text from the paleo Hebrew word "shalom". Hebrew is an image language. The image of shalom is, Wholeness, Completeness, nothing missing and nothing broken. This is God's recorded Word, and is always effectual (causes change), now it's our part to be fervent. God bless your brother, I know you love him very much. Please tell him that God can't love him any more, and will never love him any less. Amen

Update: my brother is still struggling--docs are trying yet another medication tonight, he is very fearful about rolling the dice, as previous drugs just have not worked and had bad side effects...more prayers please for a fellow biker in Montana that just wants to get back on his Buell and Honda S90....thanks

Update: my brother is on an uptrend. The Power of Healing has been working for him, and some great Spiritual friends have come helping, opening doors and he is going to even go to a church next Sunday. So, thanks for prayers. He still has a long difficult path, but the road signs are there, and with Grace he will heal and find peace.

I envision the Spirit Power of God as a Kawasaki Mach III two stroke 500 on full acceleration..you know, that ripping roar, triple expansion chambers, blue haze....tires red hot...Power...raw and unbelievably strong...if one is willing to twist that throttle...it does take courage...

Glad to hear things are getting better :clap:

Update: my brother is on an uptrend. The Power of Healing has been working for him, and some great Spiritual friends have come helping, opening doors and he is going to even go to a church next Sunday. So, thanks for prayers. He still has a long difficult path, but the road signs are there, and with Grace he will heal and find peace.

I envision the Spirit Power of God as a Kawasaki Mach III two stroke 500 on full acceleration..you know, that ripping roar, triple expansion chambers, blue haze....tires red hot...Power...raw and unbelievably strong...if one is willing to twist that throttle...it does take courage...

There you go! Now just to let you know, my best prayers and talks to God are inside my Helmet with the pavement zipping by. I can hear him best that way too. Sun popping out on me as I talk to God and ride through the Country under a cloudy sky. A cool breeze on a hot day. A beautiful sweeping turn taken with perfection. My favorite song coming on as I slip through the gears. Cresting a hill and seeing a vista that takes my breath away. Stuff like that makes me glad I'm alive.

I have a younger Brother in the same boat and he's disappeared over 7 years ago. As far as I know he's living under a bridge somewhere in the US.
We figure he's still alive or his kids would have told us. Bad marriages, a back injury, alcohol dependency and a host of other bad choices stack the odds against him. Plus he turned his back on God many years ago.
I've walked through fire without so much as a singed hair on my head ,so it's hard for me to understand why he did that. Over the years He's lived with my Brother and I until he just couldn't deal with our successes in life and one day just walked away to parts unknown. Not that I've been all that successful, but I went through a divorce and came out OK, once the dust settled.

But, I'll put your Brother on my morning prayer list. I love riding in Montana. Last time I rode through Billing MT we got caught in the mountains northwest of there in a hail storm. Interesting times! Makes life all that much more fun!!!

Tell him to shake the winter cover off the Buell and go for a long ride.......
Anyway you can meet up with him?
If he's taking the Summer off, he should use that time wisely. In the Saddle!
Send him a small bible in a good cover to read while he's camped out in the Mountains.

Maybe highlight some passages to help him find himself. Let us know if you'd like some suggestions for him to read that will give him strength.

Back