• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dia dhuit (Hello) from an Irish rider in Houston!

Reaction score
Been riding about two years on my trusty little '13 Suzuki TU250x, mostly just around the city since I live central. Finally ready to look for group rides on my recently bought '15 Honda CB500x, and currently planning a cross country adventure trip on the old War Horse for May/June after giving her a few needed farkles. Looking forward to meeting y'all and learning more!

Attachments

• IMG_2966.JPG
    IMG_2966.JPG
    400.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_5076.PNG
    IMG_5076.PNG
    3.3 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:
A big welcome!

Hope we will hear about your x country adventure.

What I mean is, hope you'll write a ride report!

Are you new to Texas?

Welcome laddie. I believe there be a few with Irish blood on this forum. Me self included.

Howdy and welcome from another Houstonian! Whereabouts? Streets look like inner loop.

Welcome. Your X500 knobbies look capable for some serious adventure roads.

A big welcome!

Hope we will hear about your x country adventure.

What I mean is, hope you'll write a ride report!

Are you new to Texas?
Thanks for your welcome, Gina! That's a great idea, I'll definitely be reading through previous related ride reports, so I'll be sure to write my own for posterity and help.
I've been here over 8 years now, so practically an honorary Texan at this point!

Welcome laddie. I believe there be a few with Irish blood on this forum. Me self included.
Thanks for your welcome, Tuco! I believe you're right. Sure there's more self identified Irish living abroad than there are on all of the island back home! We get around! ;)

Howdy and welcome from another Houstonian! Whereabouts? Streets look like inner loop.
Thanks for your welcome, sikatri! You're observant alright. The photo with the little 250 is from around Menil museum, near my current home in Midtown, though I'll be moving to just outside the loop soon. The photo of the 500 is from my new favorite holiday, "New Bike Day", and was taken up in Conroe when I bought her a couple of weeks ago! Do you know of any riding groups inside/closer to the 610 loop? I notice there are both Clear Lake and NW Houston groups, but they'd entail riding in rush hour traffic to a place I don't even live!

Welcome. Your X500 knobbies look capable for some serious adventure roads.
Thanks for your welcome, Mark! Yeah, I was happy she came with TKC80s when I picked her up from the PO recently as they're ideal for my plans. One less farkle to have to spend $$$ on!

Thanks for your welcome, Gina! That's a great idea, I'll definitely be reading through previous related ride reports, so I'll be sure to write my own for posterity and help.
I've been here over 8 years now, so practically an honorary Texan at this point!

Thanks for your welcome, Tuco! I believe you're right. Sure there's more self identified Irish living abroad than there are on all of the island back home! We get around! ;)

Thanks for your welcome, sikatri! You're observant alright. The photo with the little 250 is from around Menil museum, near my current home in Midtown, though I'll be moving to just outside the loop soon. The photo of the 500 is from my new favorite holiday, "New Bike Day", and was taken up in Conroe when I bought her a couple of weeks ago! Do you know of any riding groups inside/closer to the 610 loop? I notice there are both Clear Lake and NW Houston groups, but they'd entail riding in rush hour traffic to a place I don't even live!

Thanks for your welcome, Mark! Yeah, I was happy she came with TKC80s when I picked her up from the PO recently as they're ideal for my plans. One less farkle to have to spend $$$ on!
The Menil, not far from me! Ride through there occasionally. I live by the village near Rice University. We’re pretty much neighbors! LoL. There’s some meetups, I believe a thread or two. I’m recovering from shoulder surgery, so won’t be riding again until late summer.

Are you moving north of the Heights or east or west or south? Seems there’s meets to the northwest and then on the south side.

👍🏻👍🏻

Are you moving north of the Heights or east or west or south? Seems there’s meets to the northwest and then on the south side.
I’ll be moving to the west or north, but just outside the inner loop, still being finalized though. So the NW meet up might end up suiting me.

Howdy Irish! Married a Sullivan three decades ago, no regrets! If you ever make it to Arkansas, pint’s on me! 🍻

Howdy Irish! Married a Sullivan three decades ago, no regrets! If you ever make it to Arkansas, pint’s on me! 🍻
Howdy Gravel Guy! I might just take you up on that offer as I’ll be passing through Arkansas along the TransAmerica Trail on the return leg of my trip! Down for group rides too as I make my way along the TAT if you’re so inclined!

Thanks for your welcome, julimike54!

Howdy Gravel Guy! I might just take you up on that offer as I’ll be passing through Arkansas along the TransAmerica Trail on the return leg of my trip! Down for group rides too as I make my way along the TAT if you’re so inclined!

Thanks for your welcome, julimike54!
Loop me in, I’m game! 👍🏻💯

You may want to check the manufacture date on those TKCs. They had a major issue and recalled three years of those tires. I had a set and the front came apart at 70 mph.

You may want to check the manufacture date on those TKCs. They had a major issue and recalled three years of those tires. I had a set and the front came apart at 70 mph.

Thanks for the heads up, Rusty! I'll check out the dates on my own tires as soon as. Any idea whether they'd still honor a recall replacement even though the PO bought them?

I’m sure a pint of Guinness would have you speaking the ol’ tongue in no time at all!
The draft Guinness here in the US is nothing like the silky smooth heaven I enjoyed in Ireland. Plus the bartenders here don't know how to properly pour Guinness into the glass; there's a proper and subtle art to doing it right.

The draft Guinness here in the US is nothing like the silky smooth heaven I enjoyed in Ireland. Plus the bartenders here don't know how to properly pour Guinness into the glass; there's a proper and subtle art to doing it right.
If in Houston go to Pimlico Irish Pub, the Guinness is sublime!

My favorite Irish pub!

Ah well old son velkommen to texas!
lived in dundrum d14 for 8 years! Last time on the rock was 2006.
lots of great riding out my way

Back