• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ET200 this Thursday

Rydah

Who's ready to ride some dirt?!
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Super late notice, but with Texas weather, it's so hard to predict. I found myself with a free day on Thursday, so will be doing the ol' ET200 out of Kountz, if anyone wants to join me. ETA 0830, KSU 0900. I'll be on my 200 if I can get it together by then, otherwise I'll be on my 450.

ET200? What does this entail?
It's a 200 mile dual-sport ride, starting from Kountze, stopping in Colmesneil for lunch, then back to Kountze. I would guess about 75% dirt, 25% street.

Man oh man that's my type of mid week ride right there. I would 100% be in but I have to pick up and prep the fish/shrimp/oysters for our Good Friday meal tomorrow morning and there's no way I can make that work along with getting over to you for that ride and back while still in business hours to pick up the seafood. Keep me in mind for next month.

I think I'm going to actually do a bit of exploring tomorrow, and see if I can get to Woodville for lunch, then back to the regular route. Should be about the same distance, if my Basecamp route works out. I'll post up results either way.

LOL, been there, done that. I've put my time in, and now I reap the rewards! Don't worry boys, it'll be your time soon enough. Hopefully I'll get a free weekend next month (maybe) and we can do a good ride together on a weekend.

LOL, been there, done that. I've put my time in, and now I reap the rewards! Don't worry boys, it'll be your time soon enough. Hopefully I'll get a free weekend next month (maybe) and we can do a good ride together on a weekend.
I'm working today but still wondering if this is "big bike" friendly? Or if it is a lot of deep east Tx sand....

You could easily do it on your big bike. There are a couple of short sections of sand, but nothing bad at all. Timing makes a difference too; if you go a couple days after a decent rain, the sand is nice and tacky.

You could easily do it on your big bike. There are a couple of short sections of sand, but nothing bad at all. Timing makes a difference too; if you go a couple days after a decent rain, the sand is nice and tacky.
Thanks, you're right on the timing. Groveton loop can go from miserable to impassable to perfect in a couple of days, lol! I just don't enjoy endless sand sections.

Back