• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ET450 Scout Ride

Rydah

Who's ready to ride some dirt?!
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
It seems like several folks have been trying the ol' ET450 lately, but seem to be running into problems on the final section from Apple Springs to Livingston (if run the traditional way). I am planning to head up to the Livingston Wal-Mart on Tuesday to scout it out. I'll try to run the section route I have backwards to see if it's still good, and try to find another way if it's not. If anyone wants to come along, I'm planning to be there around 0830, KSU around 0900. Hopefully, it'll just be a quick scout, so shouldn't take all day.

Gonna have to postpone; screwed up my back doing something in the yard today.

Well that bites!...messing with the back. That's one of our problems with being tall...hard to find pants with long legs and our doggone lower back.

When you're back online let's see about making this expedition on a Monday or Wednesday.

LOL, unless you're planning to bring a Goldwing, I'm not too worried about you, Rob. Monday's weather not looking good so far, so let's keep an eye out for next Wednesday then. Pencil it in.

The road we got dead end on was between fm350 in Moscow to hwy287 in corrigan. We felt like we were on private land with gates so hopped on the highway then got back on the route in corrigan on north side of 287.

I'd like to attempt the ETX450 now that I replaced the suspension and put some cams in.

Once your back heals up I'll go for a rip with you.

I'm located in Chandler.

We are doing this again this coming weekend. April 29-30th

5-7 bikes confirmed and will be leaving from Lumberton, heading north through Kountz and taking the east leg of the SETX200 up to join the 500 route on CR3910 North east of colmesneil and riding the route could get clockwise, spending the night in Nacogdoches. It’s around 550 total miles for us from Lumberton and back and an awesome ride.

If anyone wants to join speak up and we can coordinate. It will be a mixture of bikes, 450RL, 300Ls, KLR, DR650.

Scott

The road we got dead end on was between fm350 in Moscow to hwy287 in corrigan. We felt like we were on private land with gates so hopped on the highway then got back on the route in corrigan on north side of 287.
Same, we will be taking the “Texas traverse” route around that area this next time. It’s an easy ride around with no wasted time.

Same, we will be taking the “Texas traverse” route around that area this next time. It’s an easy ride around with no wasted time.
Good deal. I've been meaning to go scout for a workaround, but just haven't been able to break away. If you guys figure out a route from Apple Springs to Livingston, be sure to post up some tracks. Thanks, and have fun.

Would love to come, just need a little more heads up so I can make arrangements on the next ride.

Have 4 younglings under 10 years old so my calendar is usually a month out.

Back