• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

For a dear friend

LaserDave

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Walt Meador of Joplin MO.

I somehow stumbled into lasers in 1989, and Walt was my mentor in the beginning when based in Houston owning Lone Star Lasers. We went separate ways as other idiots made show decisions, but have always remained friends and sometimes working together. I joked after the big show I just did in July that I had finally paid money TO Walter, as I rented 4 big lasers from him, and he has me as the Texas officer for other things happening now. We just spoke a week ago and emailed about these shows over the weekend.

The news came today that he is in hospice and fading fast. His wife's email was provided if you wanted to send a message she would read to him.
That took an hour and was the hardest email ever. I'm in deep shock, but nevermind me, please send good thoughts and such to Joplin.

Thank you.

I somehow stumbled into lasers in 1989, and Walt was my mentor in the beginning when based in Houston owning Lone Star Lasers. We went separate ways as other idiots made show decisions, but have always remained friends and sometimes working together. I joked after the big show I just did in July that I had finally paid money TO Walter, as I rented 4 big lasers from him, and he has me as the Texas officer for other things happening now. We just spoke a week ago and emailed about these shows over the weekend.

The news came today that he is in hospice and fading fast. His wife's email was provided if you wanted to send a message she would read to him.
That took an hour and was the hardest email ever. I'm in deep shock, but nevermind me, please send good thoughts and such to Joplin.

Thank you.
How bout we just take a moment and all pray to Jesus Christ for His will to be accomplished in all of this situation, and for Walt to come to faith if he's not already there.

Walt, his family, and you have my prayers. It's hard to lose people.

From his wife Rhonda. That really helped.

"Oh I feel we have known each other forever. Thank you I read all the letters, emails, text and notes so if you think of anything feel free to send it. I read them out loud to him and he smiles. I read them first and let him guess who it is it makes him laugh. I'm planning a 21 Laser Beam Sulate Memorial I will keep you posted if you'd like for me to. Laser Dave love you, hugs and blessings Rhonda"

I told her about you good people sending prayers. Thank you.

Prayers of faith, hope and love for Walt and his family in this difficult time.
I am not far behind, Walt, brother in Christ. This life is but a momentary glimpse of the eternity to come.

I was out in the garage when my phone rang. "Walter" showed in the ID. I swallowed hard and answered. IT WAS WALT!!!!!

I would love to have seen the looks on my face going from dread to elation! He sure sounded better than he did a few weeks back when we spoke, and I don't know if it's a lull or what, and he don't talk about that, just saying "I've been out of pocket a bit" which is understatement deluxe, but he was calling to ask how much money he needed to send me for these jobs. That was the last thing on MY mind! I'll email his wife and maybe get a better idea of what's up.
But it sure is a fine day!!!! I can't believe we got to speak again!!

I thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I'd say they worked!!

Got a nice email from the wife. Apparently now I am the only one outside of the family that knows his condition. He will go soon.
He is a fighter and loves life. Rhonda said "he will pass doing business on the phone." But I remain thrilled we had one more conversation.

One more my foot. Walt texted over the weekend asking questions, apologizing for being a pain in the *** showing his dry humor still works.
He called again last night about business. He sounded terrible, but I am in awe of the level of fight in this man. Inspiring.

Thank you.
šŸ˜” Will pray for him tonight.

Walter passed last night, surrounded by family that very much loved him. I don't think it gets much better than that.
Hospice and his doctors were astounded he lived over a month after being given maybe 10 days.
Those that knew him were not astounded. He called me again 2 weeks ago, and texted after that.
A fighter to the end, and a **** good man.

Thanks everyone.

Only Walt could have an obituary page like this.

Screenshot 2023-10-07 at 16-31-46 Obituary for Walter Austin Meador Jr. at Parker Mortuary.png

condolences to you Dave and to his family. Sounds like a one in a million kinda guy. RIP

Thank you.
Condolences for your friend, my friend.

Back