• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Free places to ride in Denton/wise county?

Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Nappier
Looking for free places to ride my dirt bike in the north Deton county and wise county area.
Where do you all ride?

Paging Ed29 to the white courtesy phone . . .

LBJ Grasslands.

Grasslands is only good for plated bikes. Trail bikes and MX machines cannot ride there. I can't help with this. I know of no free places to legally ride dirt bikes within 100 miles of here. I am sure that there are spots scattered around where one can get away with riding, but any I used to know about have been posted with no trespassing signs.

For short practice days there is Trophy Club west of Lake Grapevine, and Shady Grove in west Dallas. Each place charges admission. For all day or all weekend riding Wise County has Rocky Ridge, and there is always Red River up in Bulcher north of Muenster.

If you want track time Village Creek MX has open practice sessions.

Free, yes. Legal, no. Up here it is all private land, and folks want to be compensated for letting you ride on their property.

That being said, you won't find any better riding than Munster when it comes to trails. Free, or not it is the best of the best in the area.

We are surrounded by farm land so as long as I don't tear up any wheat I can ride, but back and forth may get a little old....not for a while and I stress the may lol
I will be looking for some where new to ride when I get more comfortable with my bike.
I'll check out Munster when I get tired of these fields.

We are surrounded by farm land so as long as I don't tear up any wheat I can ride, but back and forth may get a little old....not for a while and I stress the may lol
I will be looking for some where new to ride when I get more comfortable with my bike.
I'll check out Munster when I get tired of these fields.

Hmmm... have fun with that. Most farmers I have known through the years for some reason don't seem to see it the same way you do. I foresee some visits with the local Sheriff at the least, or at the worst a potential not very nice visit from an angry farmer.

I would stress to please not ruin it for the rest of us. We already have enough folks that think they earned the right to ride "wherever the heck they want to" just because they managed to scrape up a couple hundred bucks to buy a clapped out dirt bike. Please don't add to those numbers, there are enough already. Riding on farmers land is a darn good way to make a bunch of enemies for motorcyclists in general.

If you want a riding buddy, then give me a shout and I'll meet you out at Muenster one of these weekends.

No worries Bill. I forgot to add that I know these farmers. mostly I get to ride on the gravel roads that run through their farm lands, but in a couple spots they can't use for thier crops(only an acre or two) and I can ride on those small spots. I wouldn't want my neighbors to dislike me.

And sure a riding buddy up in Munster would be cool sometime.

No worries Bill. I forgot to add that I know these farmers. mostly I get to ride on the gravel roads that run through their farm lands, but in a couple spots they can't use for thier crops(only an acre or two) and I can ride on those small spots. I wouldn't want my neighbors to dislike me.

And sure a riding buddy up in Munster would be cool sometime.

Well you didn't mention that!!!!LOL I apologize for coming off like I did, had I known that you knew the farmers it would have been a whole different story. I've just had my fair share of folks that seem like they are trying to do all of us dirt bikers in one illegal ride at a time. Ride the fields slow and get your balance and cornering down and then we can go hit up some trails.

Yes practice practice practice. I kept telling myself when I was riding sat. scoot forward, bend your elbows........twist throttle,and smile, and then back to practicing the basics.

Back