• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Front tire recommendations for the KTM 690 Enduro

Reaction score
I have a MT21 Rallycross on the front and rear now. The rear is in good shape but the font has worn very unevenly, and it seems to be hunting around a lot on loose gravel when going fast.

I have a Tenere 700 with a Michilen Anakee Wild front tire (with the stock rear Pireli Scorpion
Rear) and man that bike tracks well in loose gravel/dirt. Different bike and suspension obviously, but was wondering if that Anakee Wild would work on the 690 Enduro. It’s not a very aggressive knobby so wondering how that would pair up with the Pirelli Rallycross on the rear.

Other front tire recommendations? I ride about 50 road, 40 loose gravel and 10 rocks.

imo, the front mt21 is about as good as it gets for a 690. it's a very good compromise tire that's matched nicely to a compromise 690.
the front does tend to wear rather unevenly, but i've yet to see mine do anything weird on loose stuff. Even when it's worn unevenly, it still tracks quite straight on long straight 80mph interstate sections. It also is a fairly light tire too.

you should try a tusk dsport up front.,..that tire has a mean death wobble , new or used. and it's also heavy too due to the extra deep knobs and thicker sidewall.

Currently, I'm riding on a front motoz H/T. It grips just as well as the MT21, but it's about 40% more expensive, and, about 40% longer lasting. This longer lasting tire + very good grip +
almost as light as the mt21 =my currently preferred front tire for the 690.
It's also quite pliable, making it super easy to spoon on /off when replacing inner tube while out riding.

imo, the front mt21 is about as good as it gets for a 690. it's a very good compromise tire that's matched nicely to a compromise 690.
the front does tend to wear rather unevenly, but i've yet to see mine do anything weird on loose stuff. Even when it's worn unevenly, it still tracks quite straight on long straight 80mph interstate sections. It also is a fairly light tire too.

you should try a tusk dsport up front.,..that tire has a mean death wobble , new or used. and it's also heavy too due to the extra deep knobs and thicker sidewall.

Currently, I'm riding on a front motoz H/T. It grips just as well as the MT21, but it's about 40% more expensive, and, about 40% longer lasting. This longer lasting tire + very good grip +
It's also quite pliable, making it super easy to spoon on /off when replacing inner tube while out riding.
Thanks. I ended up installing the Motoz Desert H/T a few days ago. Took it on some very loose gravel roads and it seems to track well. Seems a bit squirrelly/twitchy on the pavement but I don’t have but a few miles on it. What pressure do you run in yours for all around street/gravel/rocks?

mt21 and dun 606 were the go to tires for our DS big bores in Moab for a decade. If we babied them we'd get 1300 miles out of them, but those were desert race bikes and even limping them around 100 miles from help wore em out.

Back