• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Galveston seafood restaurant

Reaction score
Looking for the best stuffed Flounder available. Have always loved Gaido's but they no longer have one even with special order. Will be there Sunday night and need suggestions. Prefer a nice place, anniversery deal. Thanks.

This seemed familiar.:ponder:

That said, this place is not on the island but it is quite fancy by our standards.
but I don't see stuffed flounder on their menu. :-(

Looking for the best stuffed Flounder available. Have always loved Gaido's but they no longer have one even with special order. Will be there Sunday night and need suggestions. Prefer a nice place, anniversery deal. Thanks.
Looks like Willie G’s has Stuffed Flounder Galvez on the Menu...

• PARMESAN REDFISH
    Herb crusted, mushroom risotto
    $28.99
  • STUFFED FLOUNDER
    Grilled shrimp, Dijon sauce
    $35.99
  • AUSTRALIAN LOBSTER TAILS
    2 Cold water lobster tails served with baked potato and vegetables
    per MKT
  • DUNGENESS CRAB
    1½ lb. steamed North Pacific crab, baked potato, vegetables

• FRESH CATCH PONTCHARTRAIN
    broiled tilapia, crab, mushrooms, white wine cream sauce, seasonal accompaniments
    $27
  • BLACKENED REDFISH ÉTOUFFÉE
    blackened redfish, étouffée topping, seasonal vegetable, steamed rice
    $30
  • STUFFED FLOUNDER
    seafood stuffing, lemon butter, seasonal accompaniments
    $39.50
  • CRAWFISH ÉTOUFFÉE
    steamed rice
    $22
  • CEDAR PLANKED SIXTY SOUTH® SAL

There's 2 different restaurants posted above.

Topwater Grill in San Leon has a really good stuff flounder - it’s what I order when I go there. It’s not on the Island, but not far and is really good.

Topwater Grill in San Leon has a really good stuff flounder - it’s what I order when I go there. It’s not on the Island, but not far and is really good.
We ate our fresh caught trout there Saturday. It's excellent but I never looked at the menu and don't know if they have flounder. Ask for the "drunken" sauce.

Highly recommended.

We ate our fresh caught trout there Saturday. It's excellent but I never looked at the menu and don't know if they have flounder. Ask for the "drunken" sauce.

Highly recommended.
They have stuffed flounder and do it well. And yes, if you bring your fresh caught fish, they will prepare it for you however you want it cooked.

Casey’s has been my go too on the coast , only eat shellfish so I don’t know what else they have Repca‘s in the rice fields is the worlds best so it’s been years since I’ve been to the coast .

Seafood in Galveston has taken a nose dive over the past 24 months. I usually ride through every other weekend or so but I don't eat there anymore. They all crowed, slow and the seafood is never fresh caught. I recommend the Winnie or Angleton areas on either end of the route for good food.

The greater Galveston area and the 45 south area restaurants are garbage.

Using 288? Eat at:

Using highway 6? Eat at:

Using 124? Eat at:

If you absolutely have to use 45 to get there and back, there are gas station hotdogs, McDonalds' and Subways and a scrap metal recycling place with a vending machine.

Stuffed flounder at Topwater today

ECDBD57D-CDD4-4691-8B41-E3D093A18639.jpeg

The black pearl is also an excellent restaurant/bar. It has flounder listed at market price in the menu. I’ve tried several different parts of their offerings, and would make that my regular haunt if I was still near the island. Their shrimp is to die for.

No stuffed flounder, but we have been enjoying BLVD Seafood in Galveston.

Made it to the Black Pearl Sunday evening. Didn't get the stuffed flounder I had planned on but we still had a great meal. I had the cold shrimp salad and wife had the shrimp etouffee. Both were awesome. Both were enough food for 2-3 grownups without question. A person we talked to in one of the shops on the Strand told us the portions were huge and she was very correct. Then this morning we had a late breakfast at the Sumflower which was also awesome. We NEVER visit Galveston without a visit there. When leaving I picked up a $45 Italian cream cake,,,its that good. Big hunk of that will be my supper in just a few minutes. We had a great time and next time we will spend two nights so we can make another trip to the BP and try something else . For us, the meals were a total win.

Made it to the Black Pearl Sunday evening. Didn't get the stuffed flounder I had planned on but we still had a great meal. I had the cold shrimp salad and wife had the shrimp etouffee. Both were awesome. Both were enough food for 2-3 grownups without question. A person we talked to in one of the shops on the Strand told us the portions were huge and she was very correct. Then this morning we had a late breakfast at the Sumflower which was also awesome. We NEVER visit Galveston without a visit there. When leaving I picked up a $45 Italian cream cake,,,its that good. Big hunk of that will be my supper in just a few minutes. We had a great time and next time we will spend two nights so we can make another trip to the BP and try something else . For us, the meals were a total win.

That sounds amazing. If either of you like po-boys, I think I counted close to fourty shrimp on mine last time I went. Their portions are unbelievable.

Back