• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ghost’s Eclipsamania Camp and Gathering! April 5-9!

Got another half inch of rain last night. Should help the grass. I am not advertising this anywhere but here. I have never had trouble with any of the folks here. If someone gets out of line…. Well, Wilber has to eat too😂
IMG_4991.jpeg

Meet Wilber

I know it has been a while since I have had a gathering. The drought had made my place a desert and not very suitable. With the rain my place is starting to come back. So Gatesville is the a center point for the April 8 eclipse. Even NASA has set up for it here. So this is primitive camping but I am going to build an outhouse and I do have water at cabin. Going to try to tie water to the pavilion also. Camping around Gatesville has got stupid. I am only opening this to TWT. I don’t charge but donations would be appreciated. I put 400 pounds of rye grass seed trying green it up. As usual, the Ghost grill will be fired up making some of y’all’s favorites. Starting a list so we have a tentative head count. This will be at the Ghost Rancho(actual name at gate is MYO Ranch).
View attachment 373643
Woodbutcher should be able to drop directions.
Who’s IN???
1) Veriest1
2) Blupuphur+1
3) Kdubya+1
4) Spirit at bay
5) JT
6) Cagiva549
7) Woodbutcher (for part +1)
8) CleatusJ
9) Dannyboy
10) PanAm
11) M38A1
12) KsTeveM
13) Subcomm
14) Misterk
15) Dahveed
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)
21)
22)
23)
24)
25)
I will be there with jqueen, don't know what days

So the outhouse now sits on the honey hole. Kinda worried about animals rubbing on it so I am working on stabilizers.
IMG_5014.jpeg

Hit solid rock so ring was higher than I intended. Anyone still interested needs to chime in. I bought some of the meat yesterday but I need a better count by Wednesday. Also. Single track is available for those bringing full blown dirt bikes.

Attachments

• IMG_5014.jpeg
    IMG_5014.jpeg
    355.7 KB · Views: 9
What ! No half moon window in the door . Id really like to get out for a couple days , but gobs of projects needing finished in the next month , my trailer is still up in the air missing one axle , supposed to be here wedensday when i make a run into the city . Suspension is all rebuilt and two new brake plates waiting for the axle it will be a weather call for me . I can sleep in the back of my old truck so if the weather looks good ill be headed that way , should know for sure by wedensday and if i do i probably wont head home till tuesday . No need in looking for trouble .

So the outhouse now sits on the honey hole. Kinda worried about animals rubbing on it so I am working on stabilizers.
View attachment 377617
Hit solid rock so ring was higher than I intended. Anyone still interested needs to chime in. I bought some of the meat yesterday but I need a better count by Wednesday. Also. Single track is available for those bringing full blown dirt bikes.
WELL OK THEN! Looking good.

What ! No half moon window in the door . Id really like to get out for a couple days , but gobs of projects needing finished in the next month , my trailer is still up in the air missing one axle , supposed to be here wedensday when i make a run into the city . Suspension is all rebuilt and two new brake plates waiting for the axle it will be a weather call for me . I can sleep in the back of my old truck so if the weather looks good ill be headed that way , should know for sure by wedensday and if i do i probably wont head home till tuesday . No need in looking for trouble .
I need to cut a half moon! Thought of that after I hung the door. I used that paint because it is a 20 year marine grade paint but it makes it dark. Need a solar light for inside

Plus 1 on the attendance list: i will come up and join Clint for country whiskey music night as we discussed, just need to confirm which night we'll play.

I know it has been a while since I have had a gathering. The drought had made my place a desert and not very suitable. With the rain my place is starting to come back. So Gatesville is the a center point for the April 8 eclipse. Even NASA has set up for it here. So this is primitive camping but I am going to build an outhouse and I do have water at cabin. Going to try to tie water to the pavilion also. Camping around Gatesville has got stupid. I am only opening this to TWT. I don’t charge but donations would be appreciated. I put 400 pounds of rye grass seed trying green it up. As usual, the Ghost grill will be fired up making some of y’all’s favorites. Starting a list so we have a tentative head count. This will be at the Ghost Rancho(actual name at gate is MYO Ranch).
View attachment 373643
Woodbutcher should be able to drop directions.
Who’s IN???
1) Veriest1
2) Blupuphur+1
3) Kdubya+1
4) Spirit at bay
5) JT
6) Cagiva549
7) Woodbutcher (for part +1)
8) CleatusJ
9) Dannyboy
10) PanAm
11) M38A1
12) KsTeveM
13) Subcomm
14) Misterk
15) Dahveed
16) Boulder Ed (for music night TBD)
17)
18)
19)
20)
21)
22)
23)
24)
25)

I need to cut a half moon! Thought of that after I hung the door. I used that paint because it is a 20 year marine grade paint but it makes it dark. Need a solar light for inside
And an AC, and a sunroof for the eclipse. Cup holder? 🥃😄

So the weather is good and traffic is only slightly stronger than normal. I made grocery run and have that stuff in the cabin. I have been asked the cost of this event. This is a donation event. I will have my donation bucket in the pavilion area. Give as you feel. I will be at farm nonstop starting tomorrow. This is my farm and it has goats , donkies, and llama. They are tame so be careful around them please. My phone number is +12542484848 if you need me!

Im in headed that way in the morning , got plenty of 1 inch conduit , 4 around 10 feet , 6 around 8 + feet and one 6 foot but no fittings , did find the 30 cup percolator coffee pot , now if i just remember to blow the cob weds out of it life will be good . One bicycle for sure , probably two . May or may not have a motorcycle . I need relaxing time more than wind in my face .

Back