• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

GOING, GOING, GONE .... FREE - 2003 Yamaha TTR125 LR

k-dubya

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
KW ... or just Dub
A FREE barn princess with less than 25 hours total time ... but there is a caveat. The bike has been in the barn, unstarted, and unloved since 2003.

This was my daughter's bike - I bought it for her so she could go to the track with me. But it was quickly apparent that riding and time with dear ol' dad were secondary to interacting with the teenage male pit vermin.

This bike needs work. It has 20 years of dust on it, the tires have dry rot, and the rear hub is locked up. I'm guessing it's rusted having been wet (to hub level only) during a flood.

I have the original bill of sale, manual, etc.

It's yours just for picking it up.

I'm in Cypress. Let me know if you're interested.

20230704_164625.jpg

Last edited:
Wow interested but way to far for me. Dang it.

Dibs. How soon do you need it picked up? That's the right price for me, a tank of gas!

Rolling J got this up and running in less than 24 hours. Dang impressive!

I'm happy to know the bike will have life outside the barn now.
Sounds like you did a great job putting it away all those years ago as well.

I had parts ordered Tuesday and they arrived Saturday as I was picking the bike up.

I installed new tires, tubes, an air filter, and a carb kit. The airbox was full of the disintegrated filter.The rear drum brake hub was rusted up causing the drag, and there was some aluminum corrosion between the shoes and the pads, but 80 grit sandpaper took care of that! I had ordered new bearings but the old ones were perfect.

It took about 2 1/2 hours to sort out.

It started on the second kick on the choke, and after about 5 minutes and an idle speed adjustment it putts to life with a gentle little kick.

wow I missed a great one here. That woulda been the perfect farm bike!
It would have been but, like Rolling J noted, its made a 10 year old very happy. Time for we old farts to share the fun ...

Back