• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

"Hall of Fame" for best ride reports?

I wish I had the opportunity to get up your way to do some more exploring. I really enjoyed riding in the Bitterroot range!

I think the lack of written ride reports may be due in large part to what Scott mentioned in a recent post.

The instant gratification of posting to FB or WhatsApp nullifies the effort it takes to string actual words together, with insight and thoughtfulness. Like how Humanrace does it.

I typically don't do ride reports unless they are a week long or longer trips. Which means normally means one a year. Last year we didn't do a long ride.

There is pretty good activity on the day rides thread, I guess I could start putting some day ride stuff there.

Post the links here and I will add them to the list. I don't have time to go find them all ;-)

I can't say that my ride reports have been epic, but some of my rides have been epic to me.

I always post something here after a ride, but my priorities have changed since I used to live in Bastrop. My free time is substantially reduced, but my life is much fuller for it. It's hard enough to take the time to ride, much less sit at a computer and write about it.

I dislike writing prose on my phone.

I rode 3000 miles last week and, like Simmons 1, I probably won't write a full report. I did post 2 pics on Facebook. I really enjoy reading other's reports. I've gotten lots of Ideas on where to go and what to see.

So I updated the first post with a few more reports. Let me know if you think I've missed some. I am looking for the reports for really big trips or those with crazy adventures. You know, more than just the, "I went riding today or this weekend." Unless of course they were truly epic rides :-P

Back