• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello from Plano

Reaction score
Hello all. New to this forum. A bit about me. I have been riding since 1971. The first bike was a Yamaha RD 350, then on to a Norton 750 commando. The Harley years were next. Near the end of the Harley years came a Iron Horse Tejas and a Big Dog chopper. At this point I was looking to change and went back to Yamaha. Those years were sport bikes and cruisers. Scooters were next Zuma, S Max, T Max, Zuma and X max. The start of 2023 I decided I had one more motorcycle in me. So I went with the Honda Rebel 1100 T. It has become one of my top five bikes of all time. I love the automatic transmission. At some point I will go back to scooter world and am thinking of the Honda ADV 160. I hope by the time I get there Honda will have the ADV 350 in the states. But we will see. Thank you and I look forward to the conversations and information here.

Jim

Welcome to the site brother. You started about 10 years before me...and on a much different bike, mine was a 1973 Honda CT70 that I couldn't touch the ground on....that we still have in the family. I've grown up playing in the dirt so my path was very different. But I thought I would say hello as well as mention the North Texas Norton Owners Association that is up in your general neck of the woods. Great group of enthusiasts and they don't just ride Norton stuff, you might could check out one of their Dallas Bike Nights. I'm sure some other TWT folks will chime in that hail from your area, just wanted to say hello and welcome.

Welcome to the site brother. You started about 10 years before me...and on a much different bike, mine was a 1973 Honda CT70 that I couldn't touch the ground on....that we still have in the family. I've grown up playing in the dirt so my path was very different. But I thought I would say hello as well as mention the North Texas Norton Owners Association that is up in your general neck of the woods. Great group of enthusiasts and they don't just ride Norton stuff, you might could check out one of their Dallas Bike Nights. I'm sure some other TWT folks will chime in that hail from your area, just wanted to say hello and welcome.

Thanks. The Norton is long gone, but still in my top 5 of all the bikes I have owned. I will check out the Dallas Bike Nights. Have a great holiday season.

Jim

Hello all. New to this forum. A bit about me. I have been riding since 1971. The first bike was a Yamaha RD 350, then on to a Norton 750 commando. The Harley years were next. Near the end of the Harley years came a Iron Horse Tejas and a Big Dog chopper. At this point I was looking to change and went back to Yamaha. Those years were sport bikes and cruisers. Scooters were next Zuma, S Max, T Max, Zuma and X max. The start of 2023 I decided I had one more motorcycle in me. So I went with the Honda Rebel 1100 T. It has become one of my top five bikes of all time. I love the automatic transmission. At some point I will go back to scooter world and am thinking of the Honda ADV 160. I hope by the time I get there Honda will have the ADV 350 in the states. But we will see. Thank you and I look forward to the conversations and information here.

Jim
Hello from another Planoite! Welcome to the forum.

Welcome aboard! Amen on the ADV350; sure would be on my radar.

A BIG West Texas Welcome from our herd! :welcome:

Hey Jim, and Hunter............I will be in Plano January 20th-21st at the Plano Train Show, all day both days. Give me a shout at 325-718-9821 if ya want to meet up!!

I'm always wanting to meet up in person with as many TWT folks as I can. Unfortunately, I won't be on the GS.

Hello West Texas GS
Sorry for the reply to you early today. I did not see the entire post.
Thanks
Jim

West Texas GS
I plan to be at the Plano Train Show on Saturday. Where will you be set up at the show? Been a long time since I have been to the show and it would be great to meet another TWT rider.
Thanks,
Jim

Jim
Welcome from another scooter rider, C650 Sport. Of course, I also have a F800GT and most recent purchase, a SV650. Just like cars, an auto tranny is more practical for urban riding.

Back