• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello

Reaction score
Just want to stop by and say Hi to everyone.

I came to the US around 2009, lived in Nebraska for 5 years and moved to NYC for my graduate school, I took a MSF course there and got my endorsement. I still remember the day when I first started my training bike, the instance that engine starting to idling under my seat I fell in love.

My first bike was a Yamaha FZ07, moved on to a Honda VFR800 after few years, then life got in the way and I had to sell it before I moved to Texas around 2019. Wife surprised me with a 2018 GS 1200 this year for my birthday and I am grateful. Been riding everyday since.

Don't have many pictures of myself but here is one on the day of bringing it home.

mmexport1695243586190.jpg

Welcome! I know that you are going to love the GS, and probably turn into a life-long GS addict like me. Where in Texas are you?

Welcome! I know that you are going to love the GS, and probably turn into a life-long GS addict like me. Where in Texas are you?
As I rode I started to understand why GS is highly praised by so many ppl! Btw I live in North Dallas.

My wife once surprised me with an R800GS airhead around 1988. I took it back cause I did not want to spend the money on a short wheelbase bike. Stupid decision... Then in 2007, she said get rid of your K12RS and buy an upright R1200GSA to save the pain in your neck the RS was causing. I called my friend and said "my wife wants me to buy a new R1200GSA, what should I do?" He said "give her a kiss and go sign the paperwork". Three GSA's later, they are still my favorite bike. Welcome to our small neighborhood called Texas, of perfect mountain roads and mild temperatures. We all love it here and intend to stay till it kills us trying to get a ride in!

A Big west Texas Welcome from a fellow GS rider and our herd!!! :welcome:

Does your wife have a single sister whose looking for a GS rider boyfriend, by chance?? Asking for a friend...........uh, yeah...............ya know!:trust:

Back