• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Helmet Quick Release Ratcheted Chin Strap Adapter Kit

LlanoRiverMan

West is best!!!
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
If you already know about these, sorry to bug ya. Otherwise............

I recently bought a NOS helmet that only had D-rings for the chin strap. I came across this on Amazon and ordered one to go with the helmet. It installed easily and works great. Nice cheap way to add a bell&whistle to a basic helmet. No I'm not affiliated in any way with the maker of this unit.

ratchet.jpg

Great video William, good information. Note, the adapter I bought is a steel buckle and a steel ratchet, so guessing it is somewhere in between the Micrometric Ratchet and the D-rings. Not saying this is better than a D-ring. I went from a D-ring helmet to a Modular Nolan with a ratchet strap. I really liked the easier/faster buckle in and out of the ratchet. Now I'm back to a full face helmet with a steel ratchet strap, so probably as safe or safer than my previous go to.

I have a quick release flip-up helmet and love it for quick pictures of quirky things beside the road.

...and maybe a ++ for the use of the DD system for ease of use with a on-board cycle "helmet lock".
...yet the DD's are possibly still useable as it says "The dual strap system feeds though the helmet D-Rings..."
...and the convenience of the quick release systems is un-debatable đź‘Ť.
IMO

Last edited:
Been useing quick release helmets since I’ve been wearing helmets , Nolan came with the ratchet , it was ok but the helmet was a piece of crap , noisiest I ever wore .

Back