• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hidden Falls - Trail difficulty / maps

Depends on you. I ride a KTM 350 and been riding dirt for about 10 years. No problems at all. I would say that :
Ridgetrail is the easiest. (Video above)
South loop is the longest and a few harder obstacles.
North loop has challenging areas and is the hardest.
There are lots of ATV and 4 wheel drive vehicle trails that can be fun on the bike too. They also have a creek bed to play in.
I did tear my ACL on a very easy area, so anything can happen.
It's well marked and worth a visit. A supply store and a food truck are in the property in case you need essentials.

Good assessment Vinny, I have not been in a while I heard there was one new trail we plan on going in a few weeks never found anything there that
intimidated me enough to worry me and there were always work around paths if an obstacle was too much for anyone in the group

Make sure to wear serious protective gear there as what the previous poster said is true. Beware the rock staircase after the 90 degree right turn on West Loop Spur. Bouncing down that on my 3rd loop of the day (tired) on my KTM 890, the front end tucked hard at the bottom breaking 4 ribs and puncturing a lung. That 40 min ride back to the truck was a killer…

There are a lot of bypasses set up on the trails with "Easy" and "Hard" posted. If you see a Skull and crossbones that are in a few spots, they are serious.
Id suggest a good chest and shoulder protector...Rock hurt, even on gentle falls...
Remember all the motorcycle trails are "One Way" but watch out for idiots. and All the trails crisscross ATV trails, Jeep trails and roads in places.
Those are also jump off places if you get to a section you need to bail. If you get lost, just go a few minutes, and you will see some trail markings. or find a road. The whole place is fenced, so you will not wind up on private property.
Stay on the marked trails....

when my daughters started riding 6 & 8 years old, we went there most weekends and had a great time, easy rides for the kids to tackle and learn and difficult trails for Dad when he just needed to open the throttle, plus easy access camping sites. Everyone was great just needed to watch for ATV's as they don't seem to understand the one way rule!! They feel they are only going one way so it must be okay, even if its the opposite direction to what the signs says!! Back in the day, the trails were not very well marked but we loved the place, that was many years ago, need to go again just for sentimental reasons!! The girls are now 23 & 25 but still love to ride dirt bikes and the youngest also rides on the street..

Haven't been in a while, but enjoyed it the couple of times I've been. If you hate SxSs, may not be for you. Favorite memory was following our point rider off of a 6-8' ledge drop...3rd gear, IIRC. Usually I'd stop for a look, on a new obstacle that size. Fortunately, the leap of faith worked out that day :)

I think its 9. I'll check in a couple of weeks. I'll be camping there with friends on the weekend of the 11th.

We used to go there most weekends when the kids were little (6 to 11 years old) and always had a great time. The tracks are not that long, but it was a great park for begginer to Intermediate level riders, and for kids that only want to ride for an hour at a time (most loops can be ridden in under an hour with kids) before eating or watching a video!! Haven’t been there in 10 years so no idea what it’s like now, hopefully it only got better.. 😁

I just saw that Hidden Falls has digital maps for free for a limited time according to their YouTube video.

It looks like a good tool to have for a new rider out there, assuming one knows how to import that map into their gps, then set it up on said gps app as a layer, scaled proportionally to the GPS's limits. :rider:

Also, as many h/f regulars may already know....
On the North loop.....they now have alternate- "easy" - go arounds for all of the hard sections.
You no longer have to be a " AA"/ PRO enduro racer to finish out the North loop.:D

Last edited:
It looks like a good tool to have for a new rider out there, assuming one knows how to import that map into their gps, then set it up on said gps app as a layer, scaled proportionally to the GPS's limits. :rider:
Pretty sure It only works in Avenz Maps app. and it is pretty easy to use.
Its a Geospacial pdf. meaning the coordinates are in the PDF map.
So if you are "on" the map, it shows a dot on the PDF where you are.
Also Avenza is a free app for a phone or tablet.
their map probably does not work on a GPS.

We have an old Samsung tablet in the RZR, and I have a phone mount on the bike (but dont use it for true dirtbiking)
Avenza has some great free maps, we were in the Black Hills of South Dakota last summer and used it for finding "everything"
Even works with no cell service on the cheap Samsung..
not on the IPad though... Our Ipad does not have a "GPS Chip". Apple chose to only put them in the Cell service IPads unfortunately.

Good part is when you zoom in, the words get bigger. (its a pdf)
unlike my GPS, that zooming has no effect on word size.. hard on old eyes...

Reactions: Dao
We used to go there most weekends when the kids were little (6 to 11 years old) and always had a great time. The tracks are not that long, but it was a great park for begginer to Intermediate level riders, and for kids that only want to ride for an hour at a time (most loops can be ridden in under an hour with kids) before eating or watching a video!! Haven’t been there in 10 years so no idea what it’s like now, hopefully it only got better.. 😁
HFAP has changed a LOT in the last 10 year. They have a general store and full bathrooms / showers in two locations. all the motorcycle trails have been extended.

Back