• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda service in Houston?

Reaction score
I’ve got a PCX150 scooter that’s making some clacketing noises. Not a whole lot of discussions or youtube vids in English since these are mostly popular in Vietnam, Thailand and other non-English speaking nations. From what I’ve been able to piece together from very limited postings, it could have something to do with the starter but then there‘s also the the drive that’s known to chatter. I’m outside of my comfort zone, and really don’t want to deal with removing all the plastics and the possibility of breaking clips etc so I‘m going to bite the bullet and take it in. Any recommendations for dealers in the Houston area who will do a fair deal on the work without pulling any shenanigans?

Back story: I took it on a scooter ride a few months back. Rode ~130 miles or so. All was good when I left the house. On the ride I had my helmet on with the radio, so I didn‘t hear anything outside of the music. I returned home, parked the scoot, and didn’t even mess with it again for another 2-3 weeks. Wanted to take it on an errand, and when I started it free of my helmet, I noticed the clatter. Right now it’s at 4500 miles.

Ended up finding an Indy shop that fixed it. Was the CCT. Whole thing came apart to get to it; he showed me pics of the work. 8 hours labor. Good grief

81A96E41-3E1B-4960-A961-30BD93EE11A5.png

I saw a pretty good mix of bikes there, cruisers crotch rockets and a dirt bike or two, but I honestly didn’t pay too much attention to branding. He had good reviews, and it’s where I went when Cycle Gear could not mount my new scooter tires earlier in the year.

I shot them an email and I may drop by tomorrow after the BMW Club breakfast in Pearland.

Back