• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Tuesday Breakfast

Just messing with Chuck a little, see if I could get a rise out of him.

The middle of the night changes that cause me problems are the ones that take place on the night before and change times and locations from what's been kind of the regular. When I get up in the morning and find out that it's almost time to be there and I'm 3 or 4 times as far away as I though and not ready to go either, I have a hard time getting there before it's over. That's what I was saying.

But you can mess with me, it's not a problem. In fact it's almost normal.

Sorry fellas, I'm a working stiff this week! You guys have fun, give Chuck a break, he's old!!! LOL

So, I looked at the forecast for next week for here and in Kerrville. 60% rain Wed and Thu but that is a week+ out, and they are notoriously aggressive with the longer term forecasts. I will keep an eye out, but Jeff was the only one that really said he would be interested so let me know as we get closer. I am thinking of leaving after breakfast Tuesday and coming back Thursday, but I could easily be talked into Friday given the right weather.

So, they have moved my son's baseball games to Sunday and Monday. If the weather holds, I may ride there for his games. The rest of the week looks kind of 'iffy for Kerrville. Is anyone available for the following week? Say Tuesday through Thursday?

So, they have moved my son's baseball games to Sunday and Monday. If the weather holds, I may ride there for his games. The rest of the week looks kind of 'iffy for Kerrville. Is anyone available for the following week? Say Tuesday through Thursday?

Let me check my schedule...... hmmm, looks the same that week :mrgreen: I'm in :rider:

I didn't go to Florida, so, I'm in!
I know, I know, what kind of adventure rider am I, simply put, one that does NOT like to ride in the rain for 8 hours!!!

I've cleared my schedule for either week. Sign me up.

SWEET! I will sign us up as we get closer and know what the weather is going to look like.

Wow, it is wet in the Hill Country, as well as Dallas and soon to be wet in Arkansas. I am sitting on ready to meet the daughter & SNL for a spring break trip to Ark, it look like that is going to be Tues. & Wed. then the rain is forecast again. I don't know how you retired guys do it? lol;;-)

Okay, let me be clear. We are talking leaving on about the March 19th and getting back on about March 22nd or March 23rd. I am sure the weather will cooperate!

Where are we meeting and when tomorrow? I was thinking that we could go to Livingston afterwards and search for the "The Lost Route". It may mean riding 30 miles or so on dirt. Anyone up for that?

Last edited:
I logged on to see if you wanted to do that tommorow, so.... I'm ready and willing :eat: :rider:

Rob and Chad have indicated they are wanting to meet us for breakfast too! Dots at 8:30a again? If we decide to go to Livingston, it would be a good starting point.

So breakfast is at Dot's @ 0830? I'll be there for that, but I got a lunch date with my sister and have a screen job to do in the afternoon, so I'm out for the ride to Livingston!

I'll be there too. And, just in case, I think I'll bring my rain gear.

Planning to be there for breakfast, but Livingston is out for me. Won't have my dirt wheels back until Thursday :doh:

Looks like a fairly big group. First to arrive make sure you get at least a couple tables or Rob will have to sit in another section! :-)

On a side note, it looks like at least Jeff and I will be heading towards Livingston after breakfast.

I'm out, going to breakfast with my son! Sorry, but hey, now you guys can talk about me! Rob, you got my back, right?

I guess I should have been more clear. I'm in for Livingston too. I didn't know we'ed lost a route, but I'm ok with looking for it.

Back