• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy from Bryan - New Rider

be aware that you still need to change the oil in the final drive. It doesn't take much, a couple of cups.
True for most any shaft drive, even the "sealed for life" BMW shafts :doh: :lol2:

Also be aware the Suzuki didn't lube the shafts very well for a time, so it's worth taking a maintenance day and removing the shaft and making sure the splines are well lubed.

That is a Yamaha Virago 535, not a Suzuki. Still, the same could be true either way. Again, even BMWs had this issue. Mine was just inspected when I took it is for its last major service.

True for most any shaft drive, even the "sealed for life" BMW shafts :doh: :lol2:

That is a Yamaha Virago 535, not a Suzuki. Still, the same could be true either way. Again, even BMWs had this issue. Mine was just inspected when I took it is for its last major service.
Bmw decided to ditch the drainplug in 2007. It was then a 1 hour job to change final drive flyid vs. A 5 minute job. People rebelled and the drain plug came back a year or two later. Not an issue, just an inconvenience if you owned any 2007 and maybe 2008s as well. Was fixed for sure by 2009. I owned two 2007's and survived :-)

Bmw decided to ditch the drainplug in 2007. It was then a 1 hour job to change final drive flyid vs. A 5 minute job. People rebelled and the drain plug came back a year or two later. Not an issue, just an inconvenience if you owned any 2007 and maybe 2008s as well. Was fixed for sure by 2009. I owned two 2007's and survived :-)
Yeah, I never thought it was an issue on my 05 and 07. I think they added it to my 17 GS.

Yep.. i have a 2016 gsa now and its literally 5 min to change 180cc of final drive oil.

Back