• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy from Carrollton

Reaction score
Hello All! My name is Peter and I live in Carrollton near Plano. I went from just dirt biking trails to adventure riding recently and I'm hooked. I usually ride solo but I'm looking to make some friends to ride with as I get more experienced. I only just started riding street this year, going from a Husky 350 dual sport, to a 390A and now finally the 890 AR.

I did the San Saba loop this past weekend and just loved it (Thank you, I found it on this site!!). My next trick is to get some suspension work done so my teeth aren't rattling out of my face on the way home, and plan to do another big ride.

Crossing river.jpg

71651531602__868E1AB2-7360-40ED-A065-3EB1378B9505.fullsizerender.jpeg

Which trails do you do at Barnwell? Are they difficult?
There is an Adventure Loop and a Motorcycle Loop. They both have pretty gnarly sections. It's possible on a mid size ADV bike if you are highly skilled.

Most people that ride there are on woods/Enduro bikes. The trails are tight but I was able to throw my Norden 901 around out there. We didn't complete it though. One guy had an injury and the other two couldn't make it up on of the last hill climbs.

The Motorcycle Loop does have 3 difficulty levels so you can usually bypass tricky spots, but not all of them.

The Motorcycle Loop is over 22 miles long so it is typically a half day affair.

They have RV, cabin rentals, and primitive camping accomodations with ample bathrooms all over the place and the main pavilion has heated showers available.

There is an Adventure Loop and a Motorcycle Loop. They both have pretty gnarly sections. It's possible on a mid size ADV bike if you are highly skilled.

Most people that ride there are on woods/Enduro bikes. The trails are tight but I was able to throw my Norden 901 around out there. We didn't complete it though. One guy had an injury and the other two couldn't make it up on of the last hill climbs.

The Motorcycle Loop does have 3 difficulty levels so you can usually bypass tricky spots, but not all of them.

The Motorcycle Loop is over 22 miles long so it is typically a half day affair.

They have RV, cabin rentals, and primitive camping accomodations with ample bathrooms all over the place and the main pavilion has heated showers available.
Thank you - this is super helpful to know. It is really hard to figure out how advanced these trails are from their website. I appreciate it !

Back