• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy from San Antonio

Reaction score
Howdy!

Landed back in the Texas in April after a few years in the Midwest. So nice to be able to ride every weekend without the threat of rain and high winds to derail the plans! Been riding for 40+ years and riding in the Hill Country and enjoying all the amazing roads is better than I could have imagined.

I enjoy spirited riding and would like to find a small group of like minded riders to take 3-4 hour rides on the weekends, so if that sounds like you, let’s connect!

I’m grateful for this community, it looks like there is a ton of great information and I’m looking forward to contributing.

Cheers!

Wally

Aloha Wally. I enjoy SA so much. Plenty to do there. Where did you live in Texas before? What do you ride? Manfred another TWT member is going to do gatherings around there. Make sure to go to Upcoming rides in the forum section of TWT for all the details.

Aloha KP! I lived in Fort Worth for about 20 years. I ride a 2014 Strom and I’m thinking about getting a second bike in the spring to explore my more adventurous side :). The strom is great, kind of like a jeep, does a lot of things well, but…there are moments i just want to get a little more out of her than she has to give.

How about you, KP, where do you live and what do you ride?

Howdy @Wally_66 fellow Ft Worth native living in San Antonio. I will let you know when I hit the Sisters. Grew up in Ft Worth, but now live in SA. I ride a 14 F800GSA and 19 F850GSA and have been seen on Spousal Unit’s F700GS.

Hello, Hello! Here in San Antonio as well. I have an F850GSA. You should come for coffee on Saturday. A local group does Coffee at Clear Light every Saturday starting at 8am. Near Wurzbach and West. Feel free to come to meet some good peeps.

Hey Wally, look up Gina, Spirit at Bay and JT from Kerrville!! They will set you straight on the Hill Country areas to ride, and they're super fun folks!!

Aloha KP! I lived in Fort Worth for about 20 years. I ride a 2014 Strom and I’m thinking about getting a second bike in the spring to explore my more adventurous side :). The strom is great, kind of like a jeep, does a lot of things well, but…there are moments i just want to get a little more out of her than she has to give.

How about you, KP, where do you live and what do you ride?
I lived in Weatherford for a short time when I was small. I am in central Texas/Lampasas. I have a BMW baby twin and a Connie. Several non-runners also.

Last edited:
Welcome. Nice to see someone crazy enough to do 3-4 hour rides this time of year. Of course we'd have to leave by 5:00 a.m. to be able to stop for a kolache somewhere along the way and get home before heart attack risk escalates. I only ride till 90, maybe 91 degrees now and it seems to allow me some good morning rides!

Hello, Hello! Here in San Antonio as well. I have an F850GSA. You should come for coffee on Saturday. A local group does Coffee at Clear Light every Saturday starting at 8am. Near Wurzbach and West. Feel free to come to meet some good peeps.

I didn't know about this... and I love me some good coffee and company. :-D

Is the local group from TWT?

I didn't know about this... and I love me some good coffee and company. :-D

Is the local group from TWT?
We have a bunch of ROSA(Riders of San Antonio) groups. BROSA(BMW Riders of San Antonio) and AROSA(Adventure riders of San Antonio) and TROSA(Triumph Riders of San Antonio) are the ones that normally show up. We have a Ducati, MotoJapan, and Cafe group too. This weekend we had over 50 bikes hanging out and chatting up motos.

Back